• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats up with the solenoid on an 08 nytro mtx

B
Nov 26, 2007
Been fighting with no start in the mornings or when the sled been left for a couple hours all weekend. The solenoid looks perfect no corrosion or loose connections. I have to cycle the key alot before it will start, and then I get the dam error code `12 crank sensor.

After it starts the first time I have no problems till it sits again.

I did put a roll over valve on the sled and strapped the wires to the same wires as the solenoid.

Is it on its way out or should I look else where.

thanks

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
had this happen last week to me . i replaced the solenoid and that solved my problem . bought a relay though just in case so i wouldn't have to drive 3hours if i needed one . 50 bucks for both parts from my dealer

M

MRFUSION

Aug 8, 2008
Peace River AB
They have an updated waterproof relay that solves this problem. They get moisture in them and freeze up, put it in your pocket for a little bit and away it goes. Just go to your local dealer and he should have them in stock. Shad

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
They have an updated waterproof relay that solves this problem. They get moisture in them and freeze up, put it in your pocket for a little bit and away it goes. Just go to your local dealer and he should have them in stock. Shad

Are you referring to the four relays down by the motor? I know those have waterproof replacements but haven't heard about the starter relay being updated to water proof.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Will this sled still start if I cross out the solonid. I don't have the parts yet and I wanna ride :)

But i don't wanna get stuck in the county.

Premium Features