• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1200 Rotax 4-stroke MC-XPRESS Turbo

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
One of the reasons for the 4- stroker is meeting the 2010 emissions. If you read in the snow tech mag all the hype is over 2010 compliantcey. So far yamaha is the only one to acheive this. Skidoo is probably hoping to sell a few of the four strokers and the new DI 600 to offset the other sleds thta do not meet the 2010 guidelines.

Skidoo isn't the only ones with this issue either. Polaris and cat are in some $hit too, their sled are not even close.

Crazy but thats the way she's going......

Chaz

Last I knew BRP had met every EPA reg scheduled and had the best emissions of everyone - even the Yammis. ???

I will check in the SnoTek to see if there is anything in dissagreeance with this.

Do the 215 hp supercharged sea-doo's hold together????

I don't doubt that they hold up in a whussy sea-doo. that is very easy to calculate the ft-lb force of a water pump, it is always constant, water is water.
sledding is a completely different environment (harsher), people add a lot different stress to the application, such as snow depth, conditions, temperature, steep inclines..yada yada... where as your sea-doo is always running on constant temperature water, which is always level (sure there's a little wave hoping) so that sea-doo motor is never going to see stalled conditions with max torque on the crank.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I don't doubt that they hold up in a whussy sea-doo. that is very easy to calculate the ft-lb force of a water pump, it is always constant, water is water.
sledding is a completely different environment (harsher), people add a lot different stress to the application, such as snow depth, conditions, temperature, steep inclines..yada yada... where as your sea-doo is always running on constant temperature water, which is always level (sure there's a little wave hoping) so that sea-doo motor is never going to see stalled conditions with max torque on the crank.

While that may be true, watercraft engines see much higher load levels as compared to sleds. The watercraft engines are at higher loads for more time than most other engines too. So you have duration plus higher load levels which I would think would add fatigue into the rotating assembly.

That is part of the reason why you see such large motors with relatively smaller hp numbers, especially when compared to bikes. Sleds are in the middle ground.

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
ahhh these 1200 turbos got nothing on the apex turbo

Welcome to the skidoo forum. If I owned a moped I would probably hang out in the motorcycle section too.

And that's not what many of the yamaha players such as powderlites are saying. From what I hear this engine is built better than the yami's and responds to boost better. That's why I am currently building one.

Now take your 10 posts and go back to yamaha.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
we love our 1200!! i have rode many other sleds including the nytros and the doo is it. I has a very smooth power band. so smooth my wife can ride the turbo and not feel like it is a monkey on steroids. We have had very good luck with this motor and it likes the hair dryer. You will see some big things in the future on this sled. Call us if you need a 1200 kit stage 1-2 & 3 soon to be out..

march 2009 003.jpg

C
Oct 12, 2008
rotax likely won't come out with a turbo,their expertise is in superchargers,you only have to take a look at their sea-doo engines to see this.Look for a boosted 4 stroke from doo in the future,the big bore two-strokes will fade away,as emissions and warranty issues will reign supreme as far as this goes,just that the consumer will ultimately pay in the end.

R

Revanator

2011 1200xr

Hey guys,
Have a buddy that works in the ski-doo factory, they have been testing the 1200 for the past 3 years on turbos, highest dyno on the stock motor is 592hp. they were trying to blow it up, lol. The 1200 will be in a mountain chassis and supercharged in spring order 2011. He cant say what Hp they will be at, but he guessed from their testing, it will be 275-300hp. Thats sweet!

C

cs1006

Jan 1, 2008
Hey guys,
Have a buddy that works in the ski-doo factory, they have been testing the 1200 for the past 3 years on turbos, highest dyno on the stock motor is 592hp. they were trying to blow it up, lol. The 1200 will be in a mountain chassis and supercharged in spring order 2011. He cant say what Hp they will be at, but he guessed from their testing, it will be 275-300hp. Thats sweet!
hey rev, remind me to never tell u a secret ok LOL, the look on the face of the tech guys we do business with says it all thats what ill go on record as saying

S
Nov 28, 2007
Alberta
insert boost here...........

rev1.jpg

bkg01download1.jpg

Hey guys,
And you really belive this story??? I know that Rotax in Austria not have been building turbo on this new engine, but there are several company who have been testing this on their free will and they have nothing to do with the factory. Doo is now building as light as possible and then they will newer going for turbo to get the sled any heavier than it is. 592hp on a stock engine that not are handling 350 on wot with pump gas, thinking your friend is having fun with you=)=)

Reegards from Norway=)=)=)

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
The only seemingly credible *rumor* that I heard was from a SkiDoo floor rep at the Denver snow show, where the fellow mentioned that they felt that Yamaha had the 4-Stroke Boost thing cornered, and that they would likely be addressing that market soon, possibly a complete package of their own. But again, he said it was just rumor in his circles as well. More credible information seems to point at a boost-friendly 800 E-Tech for next fall.

;-)

MD.

D
Jun 17, 2009
Wyoming
we love our 1200!! i have rode many other sleds including the nytros and the doo is it. I has a very smooth power band. so smooth my wife can ride the turbo and not feel like it is a monkey on steroids. We have had very good luck with this motor and it likes the hair dryer. You will see some big things in the future on this sled. Call us if you need a 1200 kit stage 1-2 & 3 soon to be out..

View attachment 81649

Dude sick sled, do you have an extra i can borrow:D

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
Hey guys,

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....WHAT???:rolleyes:

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
The only seemingly credible *rumor* that I heard was from a SkiDoo floor rep at the Denver snow show, where the fellow mentioned that they felt that Yamaha had the 4-Stroke Boost thing cornered, and that they would likely be addressing that market soon, possibly a complete package of their own. But again, he said it was just rumor in his circles as well. More credible information seems to point at a boost-friendly 800 E-Tech for next fall.;-)

MD.

Yep, rumor is Etec 800 for sure. But Boost friendly is FAR from the fact!! The etec two stroke has mega issues boosted that will have to be addressed if it is produced.

Jake

L
Mar 8, 2008
Im by far not an E-tec expert but as stated by others the limitation in the e-tec system is the injectors and how much fuel they can deliver.
From what i have been told the injectors in the 600 is maxed out at 60-65hp pr injector.
We know that the 800 E-tec is coming the question is how they have solved the problem with the injector capasity, have they made one that is capable of 75-80hp or is they adding an extra injector pr cylinder.
If 4 injectors is the case the fuel system should be capable of 240-250hp if the ecu mapping can be altered to to give the extra fuel when needed.
I cant really se that 2 injectors pr cylinder should be impossible so what do you guys think?

Premium Features