• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 D8 won't start, need some help

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
My D8 won't start, I have had a bad stumble from day one, use to only be at lower elevation's now have it at higher ele's, got the new update done, seem to help a little on top end, just got back from a trip to McCall ID sled ran good up to the last day when the idle got worse along with the stumble. I tried to start the sled last night, it back fired on the second pull and than tried to start on other pulls, it flashed the lights on the dash a couple times and dose nothing now,I am just looking for answers, has any one else had the same thing happen ?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Endo , try putting the kill switch in the off position and pull it over 5-6 times then put the kill switch in the run position and pull it...otherwise pull the plugs and put a teaspoon of fuel in each plug hole and then start it...(my sons 600 has done that a few times and I think it takes all the voltage from the capacitor so nothing to prime the fuel system...)

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Won't start

Thank you AKSNOWRIDER, I tried the kill switch and it worked, Do you know if this is something I should be worried about ? or is it common, I have had a lot of issues with this sled so it makes Me a little nervous, It seems to start and run fine now, again THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Thank you AKSNOWRIDER, I tried the kill switch and it worked, Do you know if this is something I should be worried about ? or is it common, I have had a lot of issues with this sled so it makes Me a little nervous, It seems to start and run fine now, again THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

they just do it once in a wlile..my 800 has never done it but my sons 6 has a few times..no big deal I think..it just discharges the capacitor so no volts to prime the fuel pump..

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage

they just do it once in a while..my 800 has never done it but my sons 6 has a few times..no big deal I think..it just discharges the capacitor so no volts to prime the fuel pump..

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage

they just do it once in a while..my 800 has never done it but my sons 6 has a few times..no big deal I think..it just discharges the capacitor so no volts to prime the fuel pump..

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage

my sons 6 has done it a few times..my 8 never has...no biggy I dont think..just capacitor looses its volts and can run the fuel pump...shouldnt hurt a thing...

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
they just do it once in a wlile..my 800 has never done it but my sons 6 has a few times..no big deal I think..it just discharges the capacitor so no volts to prime the fuel pump..

my sons 6 has done it a few times..my 8 never has...no biggy I dont think..just capacitor looses its volts and can run the fuel pump...shouldnt hurt a thing...

Jeesh Mike we heard ya the first time, your taking this post whoring a little to serious I think...:p

The 08 700 I ride with does it all the time, if it doesnt start second pull he just turns off the key and kill gives it a couple pulls, turn it all back on and it fires right off.

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
Good info to tuck away if I ever have this problem. You find a lot of these good info nuggets on here here from time to time. :)

:beer; :beer;

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Jeesh Mike we heard ya the first time, your taking this post whoring a little to serious I think...:p

The 08 700 I ride with does it all the time, if it doesnt start second pull he just turns off the key and kill gives it a couple pulls, turn it all back on and it fires right off.

lmao.....you are bad.............this is what happens when sheilla leaves you alone for anytime at all......gonna have to take your mouse away...lmao

Premium Features