• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2012 1100T 162 ***671 lbs*** full of gas!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Add a hamburger and you have a quarter ton+ 1/4 pound.....

Another helpful post by blowmebiler

If i was concerned about weight I could drop 40lbs off my butt. . . . That is if I was concerned. I wrestled 160lbs in high school and weigh 210 now. If It was a concern of mine I could weigh 170 again. Instead i am going to eat because it is something I enjoy doing. . . .

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Add a hamburger and you have a quarter ton+ 1/4 pound.....

Another helpful post by blowmebiler

I just can't figure out why all the 2 stroke guys are so concerned with how tired I am going to be at the end of the day? Last year we were in the trees. I had the yamadoo and a guy got stuck in front of me. I helped him get out and then they were like now what are you gonna do as it was a good incline in deep snow in front of me. WHEN IN DOUBT POWER OUT! I stabbed the throttle and up and out threw the hole he had been stuck in.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Id also like to know why we are comparing this sled to the stock 153 nitro. If your going to do that you should be comparing the NA 1100 which is a fair bit lighter.

Not that any of it really matters, I dont sled to get stuck, yes it happens but it happens far less on a turbo, and most of the time its at a good angle so you can let gravity do a lot of the work, boot.

D

Duke785

Jan 1, 2008
Yamaha started the 4 stroke revelution in '98 with the YZ400f come in at 260 lbs we, '98 YZ250 218dry held the same fuel so figure it out. 2012 YZF450 245lbs wet YZ250 227lbs wet. MX bikes are way more refined and high tech then sleds and four strokes still have a weight disadvantage, probably always will. Lets hope all their disadvantages don't make their way into sleds. Huge dollar catastrophic failures!! We can all hope the 2 vs. 4 debate just pushes manufacturers to keep pushin the envelope and we'll all benefit no matter what colour or stroke you choose to ride.

V
Nov 26, 2007
Haha nope haven't covered it yet, maybe when I'm 50! ;)

I understood what you were saying I was just messing around with ya.

It's funny you mention power to weight because that's the strong point of the M1100t compared to the M800 when riding at high elevation.

M800 @ 10,000' = roughly 110hp (if sea level hp is 160) weight is around 555 (153 model I believe) so power to weight ratio is 5.05lb/hp

M1100t @ 10,000' = 170hp (no hp drop for elevation), weight = 671 (162 model), power to weight ratio = 3.94lb/hp

A turbo two stroke would clearly yield the highest power to weight ratio but their isn't one available from the factory which is why the M1100t is so freakin sweet!

I would bet that the M1100t is easier to throw around than any previous attempt at a factory mountain 4 stroke.

--Disclaimer, my numbers may not be 100% accurate but they are close enough

Now, add a lightweight free flowing exhaust and a TD reflash and you have 250 HP on pump gas and 2.64 lbs. per HP. Shim the wastegate and run race gas and you have 300+ HP and 2.2 lbs. per HP.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
My first sled, a 1996 Powder special, was 560 dry...and that was the manufactures est. weight!!!! lol. I loved that sled, and I got it stuck lots.

This year, I went with a turbo nytro......3x the HP and better handling, don't think it should be too much of an issue, not for me anyways.

I love the 2 strokes, but big HP and 2 strokes, well, I am just tired of fixing things. Plain and simple. Too many days ruined for myself and others when you are constantly under the hood or getting towed out.

That being said...I still have my M1000 turbo!!!lol

Old habbits die hard.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
we ride trees more than open areas and one of the guys had the tnitro, after a full weekend of that, my back was to the point that i needed to really consider what he had done

sled ran well and had lots of jam, but just over the coarse of three days, it too much sled, and in the real deep it was chore for even two guys to dig out

i wish the best for the guys running these, just getting to old for me

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Guess what! Who Cares what it weighs. There were some guys who weighed a turbo nytro with lightweight front and rear suspension full of fuel ready to ride.
Copied from post:

2008 162" nytro mcx turbo, timbersled front and rear, lightweight seat.
657.4lbs.

IT doesn't really matter. The timbersled front and rear easily drop 20 lbs and the seat probally another 5. Minus the 20+lbs of gas. So that makes it 700lbs ready to ride without the lightweight parts and 10 gallons of fuel.

To that I say good job arctic cat!!!! I can drop 15lbs to bring it to the weight of a nytro the has $9000 worth of aftermarket parts on it.

And then the important thing it has better geometry! I will be interesting to see what skinz concept a-arms do for the nytro this year but they are another $900.

So in conclusion.

Cat:
Lighter
handles better
$800 to increase hp by 40.
Still smiling even though I am crabby that my sled is not here yet.

Can't compare this sled to a 2 stroke because it is not. If that is what you wanted should have bought a 2 stroke. I will compare it to the nytro because that is the the comparable sled.

Just so you are comparing apples to apples. That nytro has a trail tank on it so it does have 10.5 gallons of gas thus being the same as the proclimb. Granted your sled will be brand new which is nice but that guy doesn't have as much into that nytro as you will have into a proclimb to keep up. He bought the sled from me with all the parts except the turbo last year for $7200 and got a used MCX turbo for under 5 G. He does have 270 hp with the MCX nytro so for the same money i would say the Nytro would have the edge on the proclimb. The only difference is the proclimb is new. Im not bashing on the cat at all as i think it is awesome!!! I just want to keep the facts straight.

dejadoo

Lifetime Membership
we ride trees more than open areas and one of the guys had the tnitro, after a full weekend of that, my back was to the point that i needed to really consider what he had done

sled ran well and had lots of jam, but just over the coarse of three days, it too much sled, and in the real deep it was chore for even two guys to dig out

I know you see a lot of these http://snowjacker.com/ in Colorado because that is where they were developed and made and a lot of guys think they don't need one. But all the guys I ride with have one and we hardly ever have to help each other out of a stuck, no matter if they are riding a M or XP or turbo Yamaha.

Nickname

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Sweden
Just so you are comparing apples to apples. That nytro has a trail tank on it so it does have 10.5 gallons of gas thus being the same as the proclimb. Granted your sled will be brand new which is nice but that guy doesn't have as much into that nytro as you will have into a proclimb to keep up. He bought the sled from me with all the parts except the turbo last year for $7200 and got a used MCX turbo for under 5 G. He does have 270 hp with the MCX nytro so for the same money i would say the Nytro would have the edge on the proclimb. The only difference is the proclimb is new. Im not bashing on the cat at all as i think it is awesome!!! I just want to keep the facts straight.

How mutch did it cost you to get there? If he payed $12000 on a four year old sled.
What will a 2012 1100t whith same lightweigt goodis as on the nytro cost four year from now?

Apples to potato..

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC

I really dont buy this, same guy would have been stuck on a 2 stroker 2, getting the guy out would not be much different 2 or 4 stroke.. The only differnce i can see is that maybe the guy riding the nytro was not a good enough rider for it?

2 strokes = help less skilled riders look better

4 strokes = help more skilled riders be even better

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
How mutch did it cost you to get there? If he payed $12000 on a four year old sled.
What will a 2012 1100t whith same lightweigt goodis as on the nytro cost four year from now?

Apples to potato..

I had alot into it!!! Like i said. The cat is a brand new sled with all the new technology so it should be great sled out of the box. All i was trying to get across was that they weigh the same and he has the same or less money that into his nytro and it has almost 100 more hp.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I had alot into it!!! Like i said. The cat is a brand new sled with all the new technology so it should be great sled out of the box. All i was trying to get across was that they weigh the same and he has the same or less money that into his nytro and it has almost 100 more hp.

BREAKING NEWS: BUYING USED SNOWMOBILES SAVES YOU MONEY!

Tongith at 10: DOES EVERYBODY POOP!?!? Investigative reporter Ian Johnson presents his SHOCKING report!

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
BREAKING NEWS: BUYING USED SNOWMOBILES SAVES YOU MONEY!

Tongith at 10: DOES EVERYBODY POOP!?!? Investigative reporter Ian Johnson presents his SHOCKING report!

Im really not trying to start an argument about this. I would probably rather have the new sled too. Since a guy who is buying a new 1100t brought up the fact about the nytro weighing more i just wanted to clarify that in fact since it has the same amount of fuel that nytro actually does weigh a little bit less. I know that sled would cost over 20G to build new but i was just stating that this guy didn't have as much into his mod nytro as a new stock 1100t.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Im really not trying to start an argument about this. I would probably rather have the new sled too. Since a guy who is buying a new 1100t brought up the fact about the nytro weighing more i just wanted to clarify that in fact since it has the same amount of fuel that nytro actually does weigh a little bit less. I know that sled would cost over 20G to build new but i was just stating that this guy didn't have as much into his mod nytro as a new stock 1100t.

Thanks for throwing out the facts. It changes the comparison a bit. I'm still having a hard time figuring out how it weighs so much when you take into account all of the weight loss numbers. . . guessing the turbo adds more weight than I thought?

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
It would be nice to see one of the magazines do a real comparison (and show the collected data) of the 2012 four strokes this winter.

2012 M1100 vs. 2012 Nytro (153 vs 153 or 162 vs 162) fuel topped off, RTR, with spare belt on each

2012 M1100T vs. 2012 Nytro with dealer installed turbo kit (153 vs 153 or 162 vs 162) fuel topped off, RTR, with spare belt on each

Then run them through a powder challenge (hill climb and hill cross style timed events) and then a fuel mileage run on a controlled course.

Premium Features