• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Teaser Pic

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
ArcticDoo2 I have found that cutting of someones air supply is great way to get somebody to tell you what you want to know. Air is like sex, it's not important until you aren't getting any.

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
Personally I want one that is beefed up! It's a mountain sled, make it tougher. The xps we have and in our group are about as wimpy as they come, constantly tweaking, bending, breaking, tunnel and running boards wrinkling.... I don't care that much about weight, I can gain some muscle myself to make up for a bit heavier sled. I just want a major beefed up chassis. Our old Revs never had these problems, and all the components and aluminum on them was thicker/ stronger.

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Funny Ski-doo had the pic on there website and It was on Dootalk..... now the picture is not longer on the ski-doo website and dootalk has yanked it too. They are pushing the HECK out of the 12's though.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I like what I see so far, plastics look narrower, intake in the headlight pod, hopefully that helped free up a little space under the hood. Steering looks vertical? -But cant really tell... and finally a mountain strap that doesnt look floppy.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
hypnotoad.jpg

T
Aug 17, 2008
Utah
Had an interesting day......riding a sled....

The frame, engine, clutching was the same as on the 2012's. Steering, track (had some porting down center but not as much as a 2008 XP), rear skid (rear wheels are inside like on Polaris), running boards, plastic, seat are some of the bigger changes. With the 2012 gearing and handling set up the sled pulled really hard. To date it steered and was easier to roll up on an edge better than any skidoo I've ever rode. It was stable and would roll up on a ski edge without much effort and yet wasn't too tippy feeling. This is everything I could tell in the short ride and but the guy showing me the sled wouldn't tell me everything because he couldn't tell me and mentioned talk to him in a week. This sled was only a prototype (Instead of the small sticker on right side saying summit, it just said "prototype") so I'm sure there are going to be other changes. This sled was sitting in a field next to a turbo Yamaha and a supercharged yamaha test sleds.

I'm not sure why Skidoo is still trying to be so secret with what the 2013 suppose to have because Polaris has already debuted there sled?

C
Nov 23, 2009
Had an interesting day......riding a sled....

The frame, engine, clutching was the same as on the 2012's. Steering, track (had some porting down center but not as much as a 2008 XP), rear skid (rear wheels are inside like on Polaris), running boards, plastic, seat are some of the bigger changes. With the 2012 gearing and handling set up the sled pulled really hard. To date it steered and was easier to roll up on an edge better than any skidoo I've ever rode. It was stable and would roll up on a ski edge without much effort and yet wasn't too tippy feeling. This is everything I could tell in the short ride and but the guy showing me the sled wouldn't tell me everything because he couldn't tell me and mentioned talk to him in a week. This sled was only a prototype (Instead of the small sticker on right side saying summit, it just said "prototype") so I'm sure there are going to be other changes. This sled was sitting in a field next to a turbo Yamaha and a supercharged yamaha test sleds.

I'm not sure why Skidoo is still trying to be so secret with what the 2013 suppose to have because Polaris has already debuted there sled?
Man, that was tough to read...

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
New narrower ski stance

More narrow than 36". I did that 2012 upgrade to my 09, it's awesome.

What they need to do is drop the riser 2" and dump the mountain strap. Trust me, I did it and it improves your riding and teaches you more about using yourself and the sled. You become blended together. Get rid of the crutches.

They need to go with a Camo Extreme track. Best track ever made, hands down. Powder, Sierra Cement, hard pack. It does it all

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
More narrow than 36". I did that 2012 upgrade to my 09, it's awesome.

What they need to do is drop the riser 2" and dump the mountain strap. Trust me, I did it and it improves your riding and teaches you more about using yourself and the sled. You become blended together. Get rid of the crutches.

They need to go with a Camo Extreme track. Best track ever made, hands down. Powder, Sierra Cement, hard pack. It does it all

If Doo follows their own trend the new 2013 will weight about 5 lbs more than the 2012. which was 30 lbs heavier that a 07 XRS,[464lbs] Hmm heres a Factoid

Last edited:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
If Doo follows their own trend the new 2013 will weight about 5 lbs more than the 2012. which was 30 lbs heavier that a 07 XRS,[464lbs] Hmm heres a Factoid

Could care less about the 07. The only XP that gained weight was the Freeride, if memory serves me right. But my 09 XP with the turbo doesn't weigh 460+ and it didn't stock either.

Premium Features