• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A Arm fell apart, Polaris won't cover

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
Here is my expanded answer on taking POLARIS to court!

1. How many hundereds of people that can give you picture proof & statements just from this forum of The Lord's Adhesive failing with their warranty claims being processed or not being processed on various parts.

2. I do remember seeing a polaris technical bulletin somewhere on this forum about the Lord's Adhesive failing to their own tecs. If you have a good relationship with your service department they'll give you a direct copy.

3. Go for the full amount. I know in Washington its 5K

4. Your statement of the downhill bump would come up in court, but you should be able to get around this easily. Just ask the court if it would be ok when some cars are put together with this same type of adhesive & went over a speed bump would it be OK if half the car fell apart! I'd say no

I would most likely own a TPro if it wasn't for the B.S. of this adhesive and super SH!TTY 3rd party warranties which are sold to you as a warrany but its actually a maintenance warranty with a MAX price cap.

This will only get better if you DIE HARD Poo guy get off your A$$ & either stop buying Polaris parts/sleds or take them to court every time they pull this B.S. They want to be able to make a defective product and make you pay for their lack of R&D.

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
polaris warranty is BS

I had three lower a arms come unglued in two months time almost killing me twice Polaris covered them after hundreds of phone calls to the head office telling them I would not stop until they fixed the problem I got them to replace a arms then they broke again two weeks later got them to change them again telling I would sue if they did not fix the problem. the same time it was in the shop for a arms I had them check the motor it was not running right they tell me a need a motor I said ok let Polaris know and have them change it comp was at 95 psi the dealer calls me back saying Polaris will not cover motor because there tec dept said 95psi on one side was fine for that motor. I will never deal with Polaris again they suck to deal with and there glued together parts suck they will kill some one some day and in my eyes one death because of there glued crap I one to much

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
I enjoy jumping my sled (ex snocross racer).. the thing is, the sled is BUILT to withstand aggressive riding, it shouldn't break apart on a small bump. oh well.

:)

Perhaps it was what you were doing earlier in the day, that caused the glue line to break. The bump may have only pulled the joint apart.

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
Because some of us don't have the tooling, resources, or time to build a sled...That and it handles SO good!

And I would hope that a full mod Polaris Ultra 860 would toast stock 800's. Actually being as it's an improved 800 that would be my absolute LOWEST expectation of it.

For the $13,000 you spend on one of these new sleds, not to mention the $5,000 on top for a turbo that many more spend, you can buy yourself some pretty dang nice tooling, small welder...lots of good stuff for almost $20K. Hell, we have less than $2500 into the mill and lathe i use for lots of my parts, just gotta look around.

Oh, and about the engine, i just find it entertaining that an engine with 13 year old technology will outdo brand new engines in terms of power and longevity, thats why i had to throw that in there. LOL!

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Says the AC guy trolling the Poo section. No worries, I've done the same from time to time. But c'mon, is the Pro Climb trouble free?

I didn't compare it to the Proclimb here did I? It is the Poo Pro section.:face-icon-small-win Guess you haven't seen any of my posts in the Proclimb section over the past 2 years pointing out thier issues.:face-icon-small-sho I'm riding an old M series cuz the '12 and '13 PC's have some issues on top of being a trail sled with a long track!:crazy:

I was here pointing out the fact that your Poo is falling apart, FALLING APART! Which is a issue the Cat is not having by the way! That is why I'm sticking to the JUNK comments.

Over in the Proclimb section Cat faithful are actually admitting the PC has some issues that Cat is/has addressed and is turning out a pretty sweet sled for 2014!:face-icon-small-hap

Here in the Pro section tho, you have a whole bunch of Poo faithful that won't admit there is ANYTHING wrong and just keep buying/selling the JUNK! i.e. the QD -JUNK-belt system and the Drive-JUNK-shaft and the weak-JUNK-tunnel and the Poo-JUNK-motor.:mmph:

Facts are facts! Your Poo FALLS APART! literally! I'm not making this stuff up!:argue:

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I didn't compare it to the Proclimb here did I? It is the Poo Pro section.:face-icon-small-win Guess you haven't seen any of my posts in the Proclimb section over the past 2 years pointing out thier issues.:face-icon-small-sho I'm riding an old M series cuz the '12 and '13 PC's have some issues on top of being a trail sled with a long track!:crazy:

I was here pointing out the fact that your Poo is falling apart, FALLING APART! Which is a issue the Cat is not having by the way! That is why I'm sticking to the JUNK comments.

Over in the Proclimb section Cat faithful are actually admitting the PC has some issues that Cat is/has addressed and is turning out a pretty sweet sled for 2014!:face-icon-small-hap

Here in the Pro section tho, you have a whole bunch of Poo faithful that won't admit there is ANYTHING wrong and just keep buying/selling the JUNK! i.e. the QD -JUNK-belt system and the Drive-JUNK-shaft and the weak-JUNK-tunnel and the Poo-JUNK-motor.:mmph:

Facts are facts! Your Poo FALLS APART! literally! I'm not making this stuff up!:argue:

You listening Polaris??

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It was one of the reasons I sold mine at 277 miles, along with the fact that it just didn't fit me and the suspension was so bad.
When I started parting them, I was floored with how much was glued together. I tried to take a qd backer off, I was told I had to use MAP gas, but wasn't going to go buy a torch for one thing, so tried propane. WOW. Barely got it warm, with a screwdriver applying tension, it popped right off. But I had no glue failures in those 277 miles, to be fair.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado

Did I touch a nerve? :boxing:

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Did I touch a nerve? :boxing:

No, I just don't get how you, especially you among others "Poo fan boys" get yur panties all wadded up when I say anything in the Poo section. YOU always have to say something about me "The Cat Guy" say's this or that or anything!

I'm only a "Cat Guy" cuz my Cats have been pretty super solid sleds and Cat/my dealer has always done me right.(warranty? I don't even know what that is! Don't need one!) Honestly, I would love to buy a Pro if the Pro wasn't such a piece of disposable junk and had a real motor. If it would just hold up from year to year and last as long as the M series sleds have for me, I'd own one or two Pro's. But the fact is THEY DON"T!:mmph:

If I spent 8K-12K on a Pro and it folded or fell apart and Polaris didn't stand behind it and replace it under warranty, I'd come un-glued!:face-icon-small-ton And I'd be sure to btch about it for years to come, I sure as hell would not be buying Polaris anything till they could prove it's not still JUNK!

There are a ton of these Pro's on the hill and a high percentage (too high IMO) of them fall apart in one way or another.

Polaris has made a super cool looking and awesome handling sled, I really could love owning a couple of them if, and only if....? they weren't disposable.:face-icon-small-con

:typing:Dear Polaris,

The "other" manufacturers are only keeping up because your sleds are K-mart-fall-apart quality. Put a REAL motor in your Pro and fix the fall apart cheapness and BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE MAP!:laser:

Please fix this JUNK!

Thank you,
Love "Cat Guy".:lips:

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010

After reading that I cant believe I ever made it back to the truck:face-icon-small-sho

After taking hits that would of trashed my M arms (I've cut plenty of them off to know) I guess I've just been lucky for 1300+miles. I'm also QD JUNK belt drive lucky, weak JUNK tunnel lucky, Poo JUNK motor lucky and I won't comment on the driveshaft because I replaced it before Poo had a fix... Which took a whopping whole month for them to come out with.

Not saying there isn't problems but ignorant posts like just paint the wrong picture.

Oh yeah, It does handle awesome

Last edited:
A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
After reading that I cant believe I ever made it back to the truck:face-icon-small-sho

After taking hits that would of trashed my M arms (I've cut plenty of them off to know) I guess I've just been lucky for 1300+miles. I'm also QD JUNK belt drive lucky, weak JUNK tunnel lucky, Poo JUNK motor lucky and I won't comment on the driveshaft because I replaced it before Poo had a fix... Which took a whopping whole month for them to come out with.

Not saying there isn't problems but ignorant posts like just paint the wrong picture.

1,300 miles! That's just cute! Get fking real!:crazy:

Ignorant? Please!

Put your Poo blinders back on and keep riding disposable :argue:JUNK!

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Keep your AC blinders on buddy. I used to have them but then AC dropped the PC when I needed a new sled, talk about disposable JUNK.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
1,300 miles! That's just cute! Get fking real!:crazy:

Ignorant? Please!

Put your Poo blinders back on and keep riding disposable :argue:JUNK!

I agree some guys have their blinders on no matter what the brand, I admit I'm a Poo convert.
How are your Diamond Drive Bearings, Steering posts, and 2ndary clutches holding up? Each manufacturer has their weaknesses.

IMO the stock A Arms are about equal strength...A STICK OF WARM BUTTER:)

Last edited:
A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I agree some guys have their blinders on no matter what the brand, I admit I'm a Poo convert.
How are your Diamond Drive Bearings, Steering posts, and 2ndary clutches holding up? Each manufacturer has their weaknesses.

IMO the stock A Arms are about equal strength...A STICK OF WARM BUTTER:)

In 6 years on the same the same '08 M series (9,000+ miles) I have gone through 1 DD, 1 side lower A-arms, zero steering posts and 1 motor/bottom end.

Warranty? Never needed it!

Premium Features