• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPEM help

sledr4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
While out west riding in some good powder:D, I had a chance to ride the new to me 01 800 summit. All was going well until the sled acted up as if the tether was not connected.:face-icon-small-fro I checked the connection several times and it only helped on occasion.:face-icon-small-con

The sled would go full throttle or I would have to stab or work the throttle to move.

Is there any way to check the integrity of the MPEM and the connections?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

m....

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
While out west riding in some good powder:D, I had a chance to ride the new to me 01 800 summit. All was going well until the sled acted up as if the tether was not connected.:face-icon-small-fro I checked the connection several times and it only helped on occasion.:face-icon-small-con

The sled would go full throttle or I would have to stab or work the throttle to move.

Is there any way to check the integrity of the MPEM and the connections?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

m....

Make sure there is no snow between the flipper and throttle block, that will activate the throttle safety and act this way. If the tether fits loose of dirty/wet, might need a new tether if it doesn't fit tight.
As for the MPEM, pull the connector carefully and look for broken or corroded pins. If it looks good, put it back together with a good amount of dielectric silicone gel to keep moisture out.

Premium Features