• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The most compact Helmet Cam on the market!

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
ok, it says it "resists" water and snow.
So it's not really water proof?
Also, it says it has an on/off switch. Is this located on the unit itself?
Can you get a remote on/off switch? If I have it mounted on my helmet I want to be able to "see" that I have it on without taking my helmet off.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
ok, it says it "resists" water and snow.
So it's not really water proof?
Also, it says it has an on/off switch. Is this located on the unit itself?
Can you get a remote on/off switch? If I have it mounted on my helmet I want to be able to "see" that I have it on without taking my helmet off.

Waterproof means that is can be submersed in water...which virtually NO cameras are rated for that. It will hold up to riding and being blasted with snow.

The on/off switch is the LARGE slid on top. No remote control at this time but when it's ready to shot it beeps telling you it's ready.

Paul

R

RobG

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2003
Nowhere
What kind of batteries does it take, and how long do they last? In cold weather, it'll be a lot less...

Are there any outputs in case you want to attach an external viewer to actually watch what you're filming?

I think it will have some use, but being limited to 2 gig cards and "TV quality" (which probably means 640x240 interlaced), you probably won't see Thunderstruck or Doc Zoom using them...

Rob

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
What kind of batteries does it take, and how long do they last? In cold weather, it'll be a lot less...

Are there any outputs in case you want to attach an external viewer to actually watch what you're filming?

I think it will have some use, but being limited to 2 gig cards and "TV quality" (which probably means 640x240 interlaced), you probably won't see Thunderstruck or Doc Zoom using them...

Rob

It takes a "special" battery that is good for one hour of filming. My suggestion and what I plan to do is get a 2G card and a spare battery.

The quality is quite impressive for what it is. By no means is this a "Professional" camera that would be used to produce Boondocker videos . What these are in my opinion is for the weekend warrior who wants to throw together some video of you and your buds riding and not spend $800. That's what I'm going to use mine for. Don't get me wrong it's a quality piece and produces great video but not like what Chris Burandt would use.

Sample video:

http://www.vholdr.com/node/831

Last edited:
R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
I looked into and pre-ordered one of these last year...never showed...the dealer I went through didn't receive them and refunded my $.

Water proof is available..
http://shop.helmetcameracentral.com/HC-VIO-POV100.html
VIO POV.1

Spendier, but higher quality video, longer battery run time, uses common style batteries (AA) thus, easy to have spares on hand.
Does have a wire from cam to unit...but I think in the end, this setup is worth while. Keep your batteries warm in the pack, for longer run times. And somewhat safer in a crash?
Wireless remote to start/stop/standby.
Mic can be tucked into your pack for less "wind noise", and isolation.
OH, and it is waterPROOF (submergeable) in up to 2? 3? 4? feet of water (cam and unit).

After twenty/20 failed to come through last season, i really started researching helmet cams (mostly looking for all in one units)..

Vholdr is still definately still 'up there' for a cheaper (or midrange), more middle of the road (and ALL IN ONE) setup..

Vholdr definately has "simplicity" down..install mount, slide cam into place, turn on....ride...done, gtg (for the most part).

Some people may be fine w/ a cheaper, 150$ all in one unit too..

I'm hoping to pick up the POV1 for this season..The footage and reviews prove it for me.

Last edited:
D

Doc Zoom

Nov 26, 2007
Helena, Montana
www.mountainmodmania.com
We just acquired 2 of these units for filming MMM7 and I'm really excited to see what we will be able to do with these camera's. I'm really impressed with the quality and ease of function on these units. I also like the fact that there are no cords attached. You can plug them into a computer or charge the battery in a separate charger, to use, you just hold down the button for a couple of seconds, 2 laser beams light up showing how the camera is aimed and you just slide a large switch on top of the unit forward and it will beep letting you know its recording, slide the switch back and it beeps twice telling you its on pause.
Picture quality seems pretty good. I tried the VIO and am not impressed at all.
We had some really cool shots get missed because the unit failed and had to go in for repair, which took forever. The people at VholdR are great to work with and the camera is way cool!
I highly recommend them and if you get some cool stuff, let me know and maybe we will feature it in Mountain Mod Mania 7!
Doc

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
We just acquired 2 of these units for filming MMM7 and I'm really excited to see what we will be able to do with these camera's. I'm really impressed with the quality and ease of function on these units. I also like the fact that there are no cords attached. You can plug them into a computer or charge the battery in a separate charger, to use, you just hold down the button for a couple of seconds, 2 laser beams light up showing how the camera is aimed and you just slide a large switch on top of the unit forward and it will beep letting you know its recording, slide the switch back and it beeps twice telling you its on pause.
Picture quality seems pretty good. I tried the VIO and am not impressed at all.
We had some really cool shots get missed because the unit failed and had to go in for repair, which took forever. The people at VholdR are great to work with and the camera is way cool!
I highly recommend them and if you get some cool stuff, let me know and maybe we will feature it in Mountain Mod Mania 7!
Doc

I'd loved to here how they work out for ya this season!

Paul

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
whats your best price on this unit?
I am finding it for $309.00 .
Can you do better?
I am considering a purchase

VholdR has a minimum price fixed for these cameras and $309 is below that price so they are already selling below what VholdR considers legit.

If we were to get a group buy together I could do them for $330 each.

with more poking around online support forums these have many problems..
http://www.vholdr.com/forums/support

I've spoke with them about those problems and their response was that was the first version of the camera. When the problems started happening they pulled the rest of the inventory and made changes. Only a handful of the Camera's had problems. Version 2 is what we will be selling which has those bugs worked out.

Cameras now come with a 1G MicroSD Card.

Last edited:
B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
i had mine most of last season and it worked great. i ordered it in sept. of 07 and got it first of jan. so it took a while. you can view some of the vids i took with it on youtube just search b1dodge. the picture quality is good and it has proven very durable .as you can see in the vids i havent treated very well. :D

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
i had mine most of last season and it worked great. i ordered it in sept. of 07 and got it first of jan. so it took a while. you can view some of the vids i took with it on youtube just search b1dodge. the picture quality is good and it has proven very durable .as you can see in the vids i havent treated very well. :D

Awesome!!! This year they will be IN STOCK @ Sled Solutions.

I can't wait to use mine!

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
Waterproof means that is can be submersed in water...which virtually NO cameras are rated for that. It will hold up to riding and being blasted with snow.

ATC3K_rg.jpg

Claims it's only waterproof to 10 feet, but I've had my three to over 30' deep multiple times and never had an issue. $150 too, IF you pay retail. :beer;

Oregon Scientific ATC-2K

on edit: not saying the video quality is as good, as it probably isn't, but it's a cheaper alternative for sure.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
ATC3K_rg.jpg

Claims it's only waterproof to 10 feet, but I've had my three to over 30' deep multiple times and never had an issue. $150 too, IF you pay retail. :beer;

Oregon Scientific ATC-2K

on edit: not saying the video quality is as good, as it probably isn't, but it's a cheaper alternative for sure.

There are many cameras on the market and it's important to research what your needs are and what cameras can fulfill them.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho

clickable linky http://www.youtube.com/user/b1dodge those dont look to bad :cool:

Premium Features