• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

viper headlight delete

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Ill be putting one together Monday. Ill get some weights for you. The Viper hood is a little lighter than the Proclimb because there is no intake pieces on the bottom. I am hoping for 12-13lbs.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Ill be putting one together Monday. Ill get some weights for you. The Viper hood is a little lighter than the Proclimb because there is no intake pieces on the bottom. I am hoping for 12-13lbs.

can you add the viper vents so it looks more like a viper hood.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
The C3 carbon fibre hood might be an option. I'm assuming they will fit on the Yammie as well. Have one on my 2012 ProClimb and I think the total weight loss was 15#. After the dealer jumped on one at the sled show a couple of years ago I was impressed. -30C might be a different story......

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
CR is just waiting on their mold to be done and they will have exact Viper Replica hoods in glass. Same as their Nytro and Apex hoods previously.
Should be a good -15lbs over stock

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
CR is just waiting on their mold to be done and they will have exact Viper Replica hoods in glass. Same as their Nytro and Apex hoods previously.
Should be a good -15lbs over stock

Is it possible to get an approx. cost? And what is your thought on going this route? Thanks again Randy for what you do.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I was involved in the collaboration in adapting that hood for the 1100 from the 800 it was originally designed for. One thing I wanted optioned with it was the ability to make the headlight area the plenum for the intake like I had done back in the fall of 2011 on my 1100 hood I made. They make a full vent kit for that hood in the standard locations plus the top and face of the headlight area if you are using as a plenum. Not sure if that is the same one as it looks a little different on the top.

Premium Features