• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How well does SHOT work?

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Today I was ski-touring off a test sled i have 2018 Summit 850 G4 175 with SHOT, I am super impressed by the SHOT starter. Arrived at destination, Shut off sled, unloaded skis, skins in pack etc, then skied down and skins on, jackets off and ski-toured back up 1400 vertical about an hour or hour 15 minutes, and got ready to ski again then thought hey I should check if it will turn on. Pushed the button and voila. Like I said after 35 minutes SHOT is 95% and at an hour is is 80%, I might be out tomorrow and if so i will check in two laps...anyway here is the vid.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u5IuzkaKe-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Photos of Run
The Top
qx6t6s.jpg

Touring Up

10h7n5u.png

Pano Shark Fin is where top is

jr4j6c.jpg

1/4 the way up

qrxhe0.jpg

Half Way

161e0ds.jpg

Fuelling up for 3 of 4 runs...reeces peanut butter cups...mmmm

b84bbq.jpg

Last edited:

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Today I was ski-touring off a test sled i have 2018 Summit 850 G4 175 with SHOT, I am super impressed by the SHOT starter. Arrived at destination, Shut off sled, unloaded skis, skins in pack etc, then skied down and skins on, jackets off and ski-toured back up 1400 vertical about an hour or hour 15 minutes, and got ready to ski again then thought hey I should check if it will turn on. Pushed the button and voila. Like I said after 35 minutes SHOT is 95% and at an hour is is 80%, I might be out tomorrow and if so i will check in two laps...anyway here is the vid.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u5IuzkaKe-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Photos of Run
The Top
qx6t6s.jpg

Touring Up

10h7n5u.png

Pano Shark Fin is where top is

jr4j6c.jpg

1/4 the way up

qrxhe0.jpg

Half Way

161e0ds.jpg

Fuelling up for 3 of 4 runs...reeces peanut butter cups...mmmm

b84bbq.jpg

You sure live a rough life:):face-icon-small-hap

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
That looks like a great way to spend a day!
I doubt that I will ever get to check it off my bucket list!

Here's my question... Do you always ride to top?
I would like the idea of having snowmobiles at bottom, just in case of injury or whatever. That way I could still easily and quickly reach snowmobile.

Also, I could see skiing well beyond my ability to climb.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
That looks like a great way to spend a day!
I doubt that I will ever get to check it off my bucket list!

Here's my question... Do you always ride to top?
I would like the idea of having snowmobiles at bottom, just in case of injury or whatever. That way I could still easily and quickly reach snowmobile.

Also, I could see skiing well beyond my ability to climb.

There are many days lately I arrive at early dark and go to the bottom and skin up in the dark so I have first light before I hit a run, however mostly from the top and when on my own it is all a balance of easier lines for avy control and safety, not to say this eliminates all hazards that are unforseeable but as I say you don't have to go to 11 for something to be fun. In my past life of racing big adventure events I did enough of that. And doing anything beyond your ability is a sure way to end up in a bad spot, especially on your own, some days you push it some days you don't. cheers dave

DavidR400

Lifetime Membership
Mar 31, 2008
Ski rack

Norona, what rack are you using on your sled for your skis? Thanks

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Norona, what rack are you using on your sled for your skis? Thanks

I use the ski-doo linq system rack, I helped design it, I love it, however the Cheetah Factory Racing Rack is cheaper and works awesome as well. Dave at Cheetah makes a new rack that fits right into the linq system too and is about 600 canadian for 2 ski or snow board brackets and the rack with all attachements. The ski-doo linq rack is about 900.00 with two sides and the bumper. Cheers dave skidoo.com or www.cheetahfactoryracing.com

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
that's pretty sweet. debating on trading my 17 in(have had no issues) or keep it. these sleds are so much fun.

Premium Features