• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ford aluminum bed and sled deck

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
is there a concern about putting a snowmobile/atv deck in this new aluminum bed on the Ford Super Duty and F150? any issues with the legs of the deck deforming or "punching" the bed?

what would be a good way to prevent potential damage?
what have you guys that have put decks in their trucks done?

what about securing it to the bed? are the tiedown points at the 4 corners strong enough to secure the weight of the deck and 2 sleds?

I have a 2017 SD and looking to use a deck this winter
thanks

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
No idea on the aluminum bed.

But I cut 3/4" plywood feet and painted them in plasti dip so they wont rot. to distribute the weight for my old 2001 super duty bed. I bolted it through the bed.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Honestly, I don't think you'll have an issue, for starters its not a straight aluminum, its an alloy, and from what I've seen and heard its pretty tough stuff.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I've got a Marathon classic and also did the 3/4" plywood (as per Marathon). I bolted through it on my old truck, but used rigging screws and a chain with a load binder on my new one as I didn't want to drill the bed.

As it turns out, without the 3/4" plywood, the deck rear light would have sat on top of the tailgate anyways.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
I have 2 3/4" pieces of plywood that are sandwhiched together, glued and screwed. They are cut to match the contour of the bed. I put this down to raise my camper up to clear the rails of the box. I am thinking just to leave this in and it should be sufficient.

Now how to secure the deck in the bed?? bolts or turnbuckles:confused:

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I used two of these in the rear:

ZBW120012.jpg

In the front I used Grade 70 transport chain from one side to the other with a load binder in the middle. It's hidden under the deck.

Premium Features