• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha/Skinz Front Bumpers for Yamaha Nytros

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ok, next item in my never ending list to go hunting for.

FRONT BUMPER..

Whats out there??

SKINZ
480_SPG_Nytro_Front_Bumper_Cut_3.jpg

Yamaha
sma-8glft-mt-11-500.jpg

SPG
SPG_Yamaha_Nytro_Front_Bumper.jpg

Diamond S
front%20bumper.jpg

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
I've got an aftermarket yami bumper and really like it. This was the first year I never hit anything which is a real bonus.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I need a new bumper too...my stock one is mangled after I came off my sled in revy at yamifest. I think i like the yami one for the looks...but might go with TS to support my local shop.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have to agree.
The new Yammi one "LOOKS" very sweet.
But it also offers the least amount of real protection??

sma-8glft-mt-11-500.jpg

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
it is stout...it is made by a manufacturer that makes a deceptively similar one....

E

essexy

Jul 29, 2009
Ames, IA
I went with the Yamaha FX Nytro Sport Bumper, and then got the Floatation Plate to go with it. Haven't riden with it yet, but I'm hoping that it doesn't just get packed with snow!

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Hey boyz, be careful on the bumper issue. Those Japanesey (as Render would say) do things for a reason. That stock bumber is the best one IMO for the nytro. It is designed to fold in or over with relative ease when you hit something. This will protect (if its not hit super hard) your subframe. You put a stout aftermarket bumper on there and you crack into something you may bend yor sub frame or worse yet get the Timbersled bumber and you can take out your shock mounts as well. Sorry for the sarcasim but that is the most ridiculous design for a bumper I have ever seen. Just powder coat that stocker and its good to go.

Last edited:
E

essexy

Jul 29, 2009
Ames, IA
Wow, good point Motley. The reason I went to the Nytro Sport Bumper was because my buddy ran into the back of another sled and bent my stock one, so I had to get a new one. That stock one bent and you could tell that it absorbed all of the collision, not harming anything vital. I also agree with what you said about the Timbersled design. When I first saw that pic that was the first thing that popped into my mind...

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
i can see your point, BUT im in need of a new bumper as well. Stock ones is crap. it does exactly that folds over and breaks. Hey but i got to replace my subframe too. Ill post pictures. Im liking the looks of the TS, But i also mow over trees no matter how big or small.

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Hey Phil, I understand you don't like the bumper crumpling under pressure but that is it's design. Just like on the hood of your car or truck you have a crumple line on there that folds the hood in half on a front on collision to prevent you from prying the hood out of your face on impact. Trust me on the Timbersled it is no good. I have one on my other Nytro and I barely brushed a tree and it bent the long horizontal bar and pushed it up against the hood. That is the other thing about the TS bumper, the hood does not fit in easily at all with it on there. Just my 2cents.

Premium Features