• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I bought my first 3 sleds today! 2010 Nytro SE, 09 Nytro MTX, 08 Phazer MTX

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

mtnmodviper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
Christopher,
We'll have to get together and ride this winter. I will have every Fri-Sun off and can ride on any of those days. I'm also off from now til 1/04. I only live a few miles from you and I've got a pretty nice turbo nytro for you to test out. I think you were smart for getting the 2010 instead of the 08 or 09. Let me know when you want to go.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
The yamaha addiction starts!! I like this guy goes from no sled to 1 Yamaha with talks of Boost and 2 more for the rest of the family!!

Well done Sir!!

J

jpower6

Sep 14, 2009
Skinz bumper

Philsumers, I am just waiting for mine to come in to put on my 08 and will post pics and tell how it works when it's done

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher,
We'll have to get together and ride this winter. I will have every Fri-Sun off and can ride on any of those days. I'm also off from now til 1/04. I only live a few miles from you and I've got a pretty nice turbo nytro for you to test out. I think you were smart for getting the 2010 instead of the 08 or 09. Let me know when you want to go.
Would absolutely LOVE to get together and go for a ride.
I have much to learn, and would greatly appreciate help from someone who has gone down this road already!
Hope to pick up the sled today or on Saturday.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The yamaha addiction starts!! I like this guy goes from no sled to 1 Yamaha with talks of Boost and 2 more for the rest of the family!!

Well done Sir!!
This is why I have taken so many months to make my decission. I knew "MY" sled could not live alone in my garage!!:D
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I spent this afternoon converting my cargo trailer into a Sled-Trailer. With the cost of the new Sleds I won't be able to afford a new sled trailer this year, so I installed a Seamless Trailer Floor covering so my untreated wood floor will survive the coming abuse. Pick up the sleds on Monday, and its time to go hunting for snow!!<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

R
Nov 25, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
Who'd you pick it up from? Action out of I.F.?

Awesome sleds for sure... bit under powered, I like the way they sit, and feel... and you can't complain about the reliability...

Suppose to snow next week I think? Snow down here in poky, enough to do trail rides, just be cautious... I went out yesterday to run my sled.

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
I spent this afternoon converting my cargo trailer into a Sled-Trailer. With the cost of the new Sleds I won't be able to afford a new sled trailer this year, so I installed a Seamless Trailer Floor covering so my untreated wood floor will survive the coming abuse. Pick up the sleds on Monday, and its time to go hunting for snow!!<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

Sleds? I thought it was just one. Did you get another?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Who'd you pick it up from? Action out of I.F.?

Awesome sleds for sure... bit under powered, I like the way they sit, and feel... and you can't complain about the reliability...

Suppose to snow next week I think? Snow down here in poky, enough to do trail rides, just be cautious... I went out yesterday to run my sled.
Got them from Rexburg Motor Sports.

Underpowered yes, but HIGHLY modifiable!

As for snow.
I have faith, it WILL come!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Sleds? I thought it was just one. Did you get another?
Yup, Sure did.

2010 Nytro MTX 162 "SE"
10_FxNytroMTXse163_blk_3_43e1628c.jpg

2009 Nytro MTX 162
2009_FXNytro_MTX_SlBk_3.jpg

R
Nov 25, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
Got them from Rexburg Motor Sports.

Underpowered yes, but HIGHLY modifiable!

As for snow.
I have faith, it WILL come!!!
<!--Session data-->

Oh ok, I didn't know Rexburg was a Yami dealer...

If you want some more, let me know what your looking to spend, we've got a few Phazers/Nytros/Apexs down here in Poky, think they're just about dead cost on them... only good thing about our dealer tho is the Service dept, the gm is a tool, and the parts guy is an idiot...

The best thing about the Nytro, or any other Yami, is its reliability, they're freaking bullet proof... and I just love how they feel...

mtnmodviper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho

If you want some more, let me know what your looking to spend, we've got a few Phazers/Nytros/Apexs down here in Poky, think they're just about dead cost on them... only good thing about our dealer tho is the Service dept, the gm is a tool, and the parts guy is an idiot...

The best thing about the Nytro, or any other Yami, is its reliability, they're freaking bullet proof... and I just love how they feel...

I thought the Poky dealer, Sport Motors, got their Yamaha franchise revoked. What dealer are you talking about in Poky?

R
Nov 25, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
I thought the Poky dealer, Sport Motors, got their Yamaha franchise revoked. What dealer are you talking about in Poky?

I'm talking about sport motors, they did lose their franchise, but they bought the remaining yami sleds...

Hence the reason why I say the GM is a tool, he cost them the franchise... from my understanding had WAY to many Rhinos floored and were blowing them out on KSL, pissed alot of dealers off in Utah.

Sport Motors service dept is pretty damn good... the service manager has 20 yrs + under his belt, wrenched for Action, SLP, Beaverton Honda out of Oregon... he knows his stuff.

Blackfoot Yami also shut down

There are rumors of a couple of guys getting ready to open another Yami store after this recession is over... not sure if its true though.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

If you want some more, let me know what your looking to spend, we've got a few Phazers/Nytros/Apexs down here in Poky, think they're just about dead cost on them... ..
So I took the wife up to Island Park today.
She told me to buy a 3rd sled.!

So, I am looking for a killer deal on a Phazer.
I see them new for 4599, and used for $4,000

Whatcha Got.

Might take a 3rd Nytro, if I could get a smoking deal on a 2009. Not interested in a 2008, the bulkhead issue has me concerned.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Not interested in a 2008, the bulkhead issue has me concerned.

What "bulkhead" issue are you referring to?? I know of no issue with the bulkhead....maybe some have complained about the front "clip", or frame member, but not the bulkhead.....I had an '08 and put over 1100 hard miles on it with zero problems. GREAT sled.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I don't think this ever got much circulation.
But the 2008 Nytro had a "light-weight" bulkhead on it.
And after Yamaha started getting some warrenty hits on it, they modified it for 2009 and "beefed" it up some to stand up better to abuse on the A-Arms.

Its not a huge deal.
But it was enough for me to not be willing to buy a new 2008 over the 2009, when one of my PRIME reasons for buying the Yamaha was DURABILITY to begin with.

R
Nov 25, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
Got prices... go figure our GM would be proud of his stuff... $5200 for an '07 DEMO Phazer, and $7500 for an '08 Nytro.. I laughed myself all the way back to the service dept.

I'd pick them up from Rexburg, and bring them down here for service work ;), our mechanics will wrench circles around Rexburg's and best priced in the surrounding area.

Premium Features