• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Prolite

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
What comes in the clutches on the Prolites 900? Is it Bikeman's adjustables in the primary with stock secondary? Looking at Bikeman's web page shows a torsional conversion on the secondary with the zinc coated adjustable flyweights on the front. Got one coming and just wondering since the BDX webpage is a little vague.

troyby

Premium Member
Oct 12, 2005
Kaysville, Utah
NOT BASHING!!!!!

I had the opportunity to see two Prolites up here in the dealer showroom. I certainly hope the quality control is better on the rest. These sleds cost $16K up here with a stock 800 motor, and let's just say that the quality wasn't there - poor cuts with the saw to mount boards (overcutting, and jagged edges), boards not mounted properly (gaps between tunnel and mounting points), tunnel wrap placed over the original decals, etc, etc. I know the dealer was redoing them to make them right for the customer, but for the price paid, the quality should have been there out of the crate...hope all of them aren't built the same.

Please don't think I'm bashing! I'm just curious. Why would you spend that kind of money for a mod sled and "hope" it turns out good. When you could buy a Pro RMK, put a Carl's Cycle 900 big bore kit in it and have a very comparable sled for the same money or cheaper?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Please don't think I'm bashing! I'm just curious. Why would you spend that kind of money for a mod sled and "hope" it turns out good. When you could buy a Pro RMK, put a Carl's Cycle 900 big bore kit in it and have a very comparable sled for the same money or cheaper?

because at the end of the day , in the pub , when someone says to ya "whats your ride dude" you can reply...BD-XTREME LIMITED EDITION PROLITE...!!!! .....instead of carls....

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
.....instead of carls....

1000w

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007

I've thought it over before buying my prolite. 1st, the Suzuki 800 has been proven reliable...the Polaris 800, not so much, it's the weakest of the three and also the most likely to blow up early. 2nd. I have yet to hear of an arcticcat tunnel bending for no reason...the Polaris tunnel is weak and need additional mods to make it hold up. 3rd, the belt drive design on the Polaris sucks, they are blowing belt drive belts regularly, at the tune of 180$ a piece, not to mention the 100 mile break in every time you blow one. 4th, the track shaft is solid on the arcticcat, unlike the glued together pos they designed for the poo. 5th, I wouldn't ever feel good on a sled with glued a-arms that are prone to failure! It's a matter of time before one of these comes apart at the wrong time and seriously hurts/kills someone. This is what helped me make up my mind. Any more ?'s.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
These sleds are the real deal. Rode one today. Thanks Dwight and Ray. I've had a few mod sled over the years and have to say this is really a well put together sled. Shouldn't have ridden it cause now I have to figure out how to get one. :face-icon-small-ton
Sam

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I've thought it over before buying my prolite. 1st, the Suzuki 800 has been proven reliable...the Polaris 800, not so much, it's the weakest of the three and also the most likely to blow up early. 2nd. I have yet to hear of an arcticcat tunnel bending for no reason...the Polaris tunnel is weak and need additional mods to make it hold up. 3rd, the belt drive design on the Polaris sucks, they are blowing belt drive belts regularly, at the tune of 180$ a piece, not to mention the 100 mile break in every time you blow one. 4th, the track shaft is solid on the arcticcat, unlike the glued together pos they designed for the poo. 5th, I wouldn't ever feel good on a sled with glued a-arms that are prone to failure! It's a matter of time before one of these comes apart at the wrong time and seriously hurts/kills someone. This is what helped me make up my mind. Any more ?'s.

hahahaha...

hmmm...im not feeling the love for Polaris ...:brokenheart::brokenheart:

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
demo rides

Where can you ride one of these without it costing you an arm and a leg?

We did a bunch last year but bdx has decided that if you want to ride one this year you will have to rent one and the price is 499 a day plus fuel and Prolite tech. So for two sleds fuel and tech about 1500 a day. I will guarantee that you will have a blast.

I
Nov 26, 2007
We did a bunch last year but bdx has decided that if you want to ride one this year you will have to rent one and the price is 499 a day plus fuel and Prolite tech. So for two sleds fuel and tech about 1500 a day. I will guarantee that you will have a blast.

That's ridiculous. I can go to a ford dealership and test drive a $65k truck for free, with a salesmen. The dealership buys the fuel.

Know why? Cause they want to sell me that truck and know I won't pay approx 10% of the cost of it just to see if I like it.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Your better off just buying the sled and doing the mods yourself cause the past couple years of seeing them at haydays it looked to me as if they let a kindergarten class room put them together. Some of you will argue about the warranty thing, but your telling me that if you blow that 900bb up they are going to cover it...lol smh

I
Nov 26, 2007
Does he fit in a backpack or is there like.....a bdx storage compartment he hangs out in?

No you pay for the gas in his sled as well as his time.

But if you read mmsports signature 1100miles on a demo only drops the price $1k. So why does it cost $1500 to ride it for a day? They expect you to put 1600 miles on in one day?

troyby

Premium Member
Oct 12, 2005
Kaysville, Utah
hahahaha...

hmmm...im not feeling the love for Polaris ...:brokenheart::brokenheart:

No love there!! I would love to be there to see the expression on his face when a Pro RMK shows up his Pro-lite. The moment you realize you just wasted $16000.00 on a poorly assembled pile of s--- !! Priceless :face-icon-small-hap

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010

Wow! Is this for real?

Premium Features