• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Inspect your rollers or this could be you.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
M7 Was like that at 2000 miles, my m8 just did that at just shy of 2000 miles. The key is to catch it before it takes out the weights, and a decent belt... at least save the couple/few hundred bucks over and above the clutch. Replacing the spider is alright if the bushings and crap are any good in the clutch, or else its like trying to polish a turd

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
common problem with the 3 tower cat clutch. roller bushing will go bad, and eat the weight. and the spiders cracking, and the spider nut backing off. all from cats crappy quality control.

lots of posts on this lately. ski

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
my 2010 M8 did that on my last ride last year, 1400 miles, warranty got me a new clutch

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Holy chit. Check out the crack I just noticed in the pic I posted. Left side of the weight. I better start taking more pics for analyzing problems. Never would have noticed that.:face-icon-small-sho

Weightshave.jpg

Last edited:

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Not his clutch, Last week he did an awesome superman backflip off a cornice which ended with his sled pounding him into the snow and cracking the hood. The next day it was sputtering and popping so he threw in some heet to eliminate water, only to sieze the motor. He thinks it's a crank, but we will see soon. We were in Island Park and I'm a little suspect of the fuel we were using. (I was adding 10% race).

He tried to find another 1000, but RMS only had a '10 800, so he took it.

A guy he was with did toast the spider on his '10 800 the same day he blew his motor, I had gone home and missed the tows, but went back up the next week.

Last edited:
Premium Features