• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 HP Powerstroke 6.4L

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
I guess I shouldnt say "not impressed". I am not shocked like I was before cause I didnt know what eles is out there. The smarty tnt-r is making huge numbers along with some of the beta tunes as well. Not mention the 3 "Larry" tunes from bully dog make over 230hp. Heck just my basic smarty is able to make 170hp. But what is impressive like I said before, is that they are able to flow enough fuel and the tranny to handle that much power.

I will probably always be playing catch up. Having a 3500 mega cab, she isnt the lightest thing on the road lol.

I know the feeling, my truck(f350) weighs 8850lbs, probably 1k lbs more than yours, lol. STUPID HEAVY!!!

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Scales at the dump. Parents company king cab cummins w/flatbed and no spare weighed in at 7790 or something like that.

Last edited:
S
Dec 1, 2007
BC
ford finally caught up! yey welcome to about 3 years ago. i dont care if its got 600hp its still a pos ford. and 22mpg is bull****. i'll stick with my duramax with 250K miles

N
Feb 16, 2009
tremonton, UTAH
I will say thats pretty impressive. Ill tell you what, bring your truck with your super chip and lets go truck pullin, and ill bet i can get your tranny to break either an input or output shaft before 200 feet on the track. At 300 feet its a full pull, and at a full pull you are pullin 35,000 lbs. And just for the record ive seen an 03 cummins do it with a stock trans while pushin about 550horse. If the ford can do it you proved me wrong and ill give fords the respect that they once had in my eyes untill they went to junk. ANY TRUCK CAN HAVE ALOT OF POWER, BUT IS IT USABLE POWER TO WHERE NOTHIN BREAKS. AND IM NOT SAYIN EVERY ONE TRUCK PULLS, BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE WHAT YOUR TRUCK IS MADE OF THIS CHALLENGE IS FOR YOU

Last edited:
C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
Yes it would lol, but you aint putting a stinking rev in the back of my truck :D

you havent sold that thing yet?
haha that was just a fluke. Sell that im left with a skandic or a mt cat with a blown motor!!

PS im jealous of the mega cab, too bad you can't drive from the backseat..

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
I will say thats pretty impressive. Ill tell you what, bring your truck with your super chip and lets go truck pullin, and ill bet i can get your tranny to break either an input or output shaft before 200 feet on the track. At 300 feet its a full pull, and at a full pull you are pullin 35,000 lbs. And just for the record ive seen an 03 cummins do it with a stock trans while pushin about 550horse. If the ford can do it you proved me wrong and ill give fords the respect that they once had in my eyes untill they went to junk. ANY TRUCK CAN HAVE ALOT OF POWER, BUT IS IT USABLE POWER TO WHERE NOTHIN BREAKS. AND IM NOT SAYIN EVERY ONE TRUCK PULLS, BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE WHAT YOUR TRUCK IS MADE OF THIS CHALLENGE IS FOR YOU

HAHA, already been done son, ALOT! heres a truck runnin the 275 tune with a 8" lift and stock trans pullin 300+ feet consistantly! Any other requests????:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm_n...022C6BCF4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

A

andy_09

Dec 6, 2007
Great Falls Montana
yes these 6.4 are doin pretty well with just a canned tune from spartan, and the tranny is holding so far sorta, they are starting to have injector recalls tho, to get a duramax there it would take dpf delete like the ford, efi live for tuning, a lift pump like ppe,airdog,fass etc. and a suncoast tranny but the duramax has proved itself and will hold together laying down around 550rwhp with the stock charger, only time will tell how the 6.4 compares to the other two

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
haha that was just a fluke. Sell that im left with a skandic or a mt cat with a blown motor!!

PS im jealous of the mega cab, too bad you can't drive from the backseat..

I thought you where goin to step up to a newer rev??

oh man that would be awesome to drive from the back seat haha. I looked in teh back of my old quad cab after having the MC for a while. I cant believe how cramped it was back there :eek:..heck no one even cares to call shot gun when they ride with me lol

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
oh btw theres a couple #2 diesel only no nitrous runnin 9's in the 1/4 mile, do you have a vid of a powerstroke doin that?

Very true, but like i said before, give the aftermarket time and more will come, its a new motor. But on the same hand, i was never compairing this to full out built motor cummins and dura's, simply saying these are putting down huge numbers for stock components and a mere tune.

As for injector problems, what you talkin bout willis? The only problem the injectors are having is getting enough fuel flow to them so now the masses wait for pumps to pass the 600 mark. There was isolated problems yes but is was more related to the fuel being used not the injector. Time will tell though but so far so good!:D

M
Feb 6, 2008
Draper, UT
Very true, but like i said before, give the aftermarket time and more will come, its a new motor. But on the same hand, i was never compairing this to full out built motor cummins and dura's, simply saying these are putting down huge numbers for stock components and a mere tune.

As for injector problems, what you talkin bout willis? The only problem the injectors are having is getting enough fuel flow to them so now the masses wait for pumps to pass the 600 mark. There was isolated problems yes but is was more related to the fuel being used not the injector. Time will tell though but so far so good!:D

do you really think companies are going to continue to make aftermarket stuff for an engine that lasted 3 years?

Premium Features