• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ProRMK arms with RMK assault shocks?

Heater15

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Brandon MB
So question, I have a RMK Assault and I'd like to narrow the front end with some Pro A-arms but still run my needle adjustable WE shocks. Now I know they're longer than a Pros and it will lift my front end to run them but one of the new attributes to the Axys chassis is a higher center of gravity raised front end. So unless something hits or binds in the arms, why couldn't I run this set up?

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
your ski pressure will be immense. your ball joints will be maxed out all the time. the ride will be horrible. rear suspension will pivot on the rear axle instead of the center shock making it handle like crap.

the only real option is to shorten your shocks or buy some appropriate length take offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
Feb 21, 2009
So question, I have a RMK Assault and I'd like to narrow the front end with some Pro A-arms but still run my needle adjustable WE shocks. Now I know they're longer than a Pros and it will lift my front end to run them but one of the new attributes to the Axys chassis is a higher center of gravity raised front end. So unless something hits or binds in the arms, why couldn't I run this set up?

As mentioned above, the ski pressure from the raised front end would be more of a hindrance than a help. The axys rear suspension geometry/height compliments the longer spindles. One great option for you would be to run the '11-'12 RMK a-arms (made for use with 17.5" CTC RMK Shocks) with your assault shocks. Would need to use something like zbroz eyelet kit to shorten your CTC length. I believe Assault shocks measure 18" CTC so just the eyelet in the zbroz kit would work. Shouldn't need the internal spacer.

http://zbrozracing.com/eyelet-kit-1-0-length-we-shock-pro-rmk-pro-rmk-axys

Premium Features