• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Advice For New Nytro Owner............

B
Apr 4, 2008
NW MT
I just bought a new '08 holdover MTX w/reverse and I'm looking for advice on what I should do or be looking for to maximize its performance...never owned a Yami, not to mention a four stroke snowmobile.

I've pretty much read every Nytro thread and thought I'd start something new for others like me since it seems like alot of people are making the switch this year.

The plan is to break it in this Spring and over the Summer, Turbo and 162 it and that's about the extent of my budget...next year I'll probably add the Timbersled rear.

From reading I've picked up on the Reverse bolt breakage issue, the clutching (won't clutch till after Turbo) and some ideas on stock suspension set up...any more ideas on any of these or any big topics I'm missing? Anything I can do to improve things cheaply or even free.

It sure is nice to open the hood on a new sled and not have to spend a whole day fixing things the factory didn't handle like I've always had to do on my AC's, Doo's and Poo's.

Thanks for any input.

BL

Last edited:

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
turn the key and go ride it. i didnt' think the suspension was too bad for stock, once you get initial setup done, have fun with it.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
If you haven't already, look at the totally yamaha 4 stroke forums for more info. There's a lot of good info there.

Sounds like you already have the basics figured out.

My advice would be to do the rear suspension and track first.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Get heavier springs and an Ohlins shock for the rear suspension. And a riser block if your over 6'0". Then ride the Hell out of it!!!!!!!!!!:beer;

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Best thing you can do is this..... :D

Nah...here is some pretty cool stuff :)

IMG_0324Large.jpg

IMG_0072Large.jpg

oh, and highmarking an RT 1000 (that is clutched tuned, and set up...) PRICELESS!!!! only thing done to mine is timbersled all around...and clutching...in all candor, the RT was not set up for this elevation...

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
i agree do the suspension, but dont mess with the stock crap, u r just throwing ur money away. get the timbersled+ice age rails! works great, and save 40lbs

Premium Features