• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 Summit 800 RER conversion question

H
Dec 21, 2001
Meridian, Idaho
I am nearly complete with my conversion to RER on my 2001 Summit 800 Highmark X. I just have few questions that the service manuals do not clarify so I was hoping someone with a 2002 summit with RER could help me answer or someone who has done this mod before.

1. I replaced my single trigger/pickup coil with a dual trigger/pickup coil setup. Does it matter which coil goes where? The manual does not specify which coil goes in which location during assembly. Does it matter?

2. Where is the best place to send your MPEM module to have it recalibrated? I picked up an MPEM for a 2002 Summit 600 RER but need to have the 800 timing curve loaded? Is it best to contact Ski-Doo directly or go thru an aftermarket performance shop?

H
Jan 10, 2002
PF, Idaho
Yes it matters on the pickup. The one with a green wire goes on top.

You can send your MPEM to Tom Lawrance at the race dept.

Tom LawrenceBRP Ski-Doo Race Coordinator7575 Bombardier CourtWausau WI. 54401Ph: (715) 848-4971Fax: (715) 847-6879

H
Dec 21, 2001
Meridian, Idaho
Thanks...that is how I had it. It was a 50/50 guess but the schematics show the second (additional) pickup trigger being the one with green wire like you mentioned so I assumed it would go in the upper location on the crankcase. If not, I was going to swap out the wires in the connector instead of ripping it back apart to swap them.

I fired it up this morning and after putting the correct tether cord on, it worked properly switching in and out of reverse.

Premium Features