• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

400 lbs pro climb

ACTM7

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2008
What would it take or is it able to get proclimb 800 153 to 400 pounds dry?

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Not all that difficult. Just takes money. You can drop 45-50 pounds with a hood, can, and belt drive. Pull idlers, remove snow flap. Or you can wait for the Poo goons to tell you to just buy a Polaris.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Not all that difficult. Just takes money. You can drop 45-50 pounds with a hood, can, and belt drive. Pull idlers, remove snow flap. Or you can wait for the Poo goons to tell you to just buy a Polaris.

Bacon's right, just A LOT of $s.

For example, Pro-Lite is $17g ish gets you almost to the pro weight (seen em weighed). After that it just takes money... What it really comes down to is how brand loyal you are and how much disposable income you have. lol

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada

lol...the poo goons

B
Jan 19, 2012
Definitely can be done.
Carbon tank, hood and tunnel. C3 belt drive. Pipe and can, and some chrome moly gets you to 395 dry.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
400 lb

Yes it is a do able. I was at 415 last year with my Prolite.

I could have shaved 5 more with ti arm's
That last 10 is the hard part. You have to decide if your going to start loosing strength.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Lighter??? I seem to have done nothing but add weight to mine since I got it! Muff pot, powder pro skis, and Evol X front shocks to name a few things. All worthwhile trades for me though. Mine is getting a belt drive next season for sure. Might put on a Diamond S quiet can and chromoly lower a-arms if I have a little extra in the sled fund next fall. After that I think I'll leave it alone and focus on cutting more weight off of the rider. I'm with mmsports, the durability seems to be pretty good for me on my pro-lite as it sits other than my latest bent rail incident (can't fault the sled too bad for that one).

If I was on a light weight mission without a budget, this is what I would do above what my pro-lite currently has on it:
Belt drive
Carbon Tunnel
Carbon Tank
Carbon rails
Carbon body work
Carbon or Ti handlebar
Carbon clutch outer cover with Ti bolts
Ti exhaust can
Ti a-arms and skid arms
Ti steering post in the "standard" laydown configuration
Ti engine and chassis bolts
Stock or polaris gripper skis
Stock float ski and rear arm shocks
Float front arm shock
Tiny stock front bumper
Ditch all lights entirely
Install a Polaris 800 motor (yeah right)

Premium Features