• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best power adders for the pro climbs

J
Jul 21, 2022
USA
Hey Guys, I built a 14 m8000 into a 141 lil machine and was wondering what are your recommended power adders?

This sled wheelie but it feels like it upshifts too fast or doesnt have enough power to keep it going. Id like it to be spicy and try to snaptube vidmate cure the “proclimb bog”.

I do have a line up on a used bikeman stage 2 pipe kit but idk if they are worth it and if I should just go to a y pipe, reeds and power commander
I love the wrapping

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
Well I pulled apart the secondary and found the rollers were worn and reverse ramps were destroyed, I smoothened up the helix and got the clutch mint! Also found my deflection was about 1.5' spec is 1 1/8-1 5/16 so I added a .030 shim and she is bang on. I loosened the track a bit too and it rolls better, just doing the little checks, throttle cable tension and powervalves aswell! Im excited to try this sucker out.

J
Dec 5, 2022
Montana
Definitely need to swap the jackshaft to run the 2016+ secondary. I personally don't think there was much of an issue with the 2014-2015 secondaries unless it's just worn out. AC updated the jackshafts for one year in 2015 because some of the 2012-2014 shafts were breaking. Here is that kit: https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-1702-467-driven-shaft-kit-2012-2014-zr-f-xf-m-800-8000

I have a used 2015 jackshaft kit and a used 2017+ TCL and bearing holder I would sell if anyone needed them.
So I have a 2013 proclimb, I'm new.

To rectify a few problem areas, this kit, plus team clutches, plus the chain tensioner seems like good places to start with "bomb proofing" weak points on an old sled?

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
So I have a 2013 proclimb, I'm new.

To rectify a few problem areas, this kit, plus team clutches, plus the chain tensioner seems like good places to start with "bomb proofing" weak points on an old sled?
The weak points were most definitely the clutching. 16+ primary and secondary would be ideal however I wouldnt be afraid of a 15 setup with lower km on it. I rebuilt both the clutches on the 14 and they seem not bad
https://thunderproductsclutching.com/product-category/arctic-cat/page/2/

The primary can be rebuilt but fyi the reason cat says its a throw away is your spider can crack on removal. I lucked out and heat saved it. One other note is to be mindful of is the auto tensioner in the chain case that can wear/break. They are pretty robust machines tbh. Ive never broke a chassis part on a cat, but snapped everything on a polaris and a doo.

brantd

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
ditch the chain case,belt drive.16+front end have the stock secondary machined.my 13 had this with a 920 big bore and ran flawless.stock primary gave zero issues

Premium Features