• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raptor shocks?

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I have them, they look great, I have heard great things.

LOL, I know not a lot to go on, but I have not had a chance to get out this year yet mostly because I started a new job. But I have high expectations. I talked with Kevin at K-Mod for a long time at the Salt Lake City Snow show this year and I really like what I hear. I was leaning toward the Z-Bros shocks and decided to go this route because my bro already had the Exit shocks. I think both are in the same class and are great shocks but wanted to try something new. I will at some point give a full review.

I know these are a little lighter than the Exit, but still heavier than a Fox Float. Obviously they use a coil spring so that is the additional weight.

B

B C

Nov 26, 2007
Montucky
I have them on the front, as well as with the KMOD in the rear. Best mod money I've spent in years. These things flat work, and the harder you pound them the more they respond. Only downfall....everyone wants to "try" your shocks on the pounded out trail on the way home.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I have them all the way around on my m8 with a Kmod suspension. Much better than the evol R and revalved rears I had on before. Liked them so much on my M8 that I put them on my pro rmk. Way better on the Pro rmk over the stock walker evans. My body thanks me every day I ride with these shocks now.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
I have them all the way around on my m8 with a Kmod suspension. Much better than the evol R and revalved rears I had on before. Liked them so much on my M8 that I put them on my pro rmk. Way better on the Pro rmk over the stock walker evans. My body thanks me every day I ride with these shocks now.

Jake from Raptor was out a few weeks ago for 5 days of testing, we got the1100t dialed in, Pro climb 800, New Pro Polaris, and the xp Ski Doo.
I was tired after 5 days of pounding bumps but the shocks worked awesome.
Here is a short vid of the IFS shocks on the Polaris in action.

Notice the triple rate spring working, the small pitches in the spring working all the time and then it gets into the larger pitch on the big stuff.
Also notice the attitude of the sled compared to how busy the shock is.
Very stable.
Thanks, Kevin

http://youtu.be/K5NURTvbO9s

Last edited by a moderator:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Shock Features

• 100% Billet Aluminum Construction
  • 100% High Speed CNC Machined to Exacting Tolerances
  • Hard Coat Anodized Aluminum Bodies for Exceptional Wear Resistance
  • Highest Quality Synthetic Blended Fluid
  • High Strength Delrin Bushings
  • Variable Pitch One Piece TRS (Triple Rate Springs)
  • Cutting Edge Computer Aided Design Software
  • Cutting Edge Fluid and Thermal Dynamic Modeling Software
  • Elegant Lightweight Ground Up Design
  • Progressive high flow Piston Design
  • Low stiction 5/8 Diameter liquid black nitride shafts
  • Progressive Valve Codes
  • Internal Blow Off Valve
  • 20 position clicker
  • RAP (Rapid Adjust Preload)
  • NEST (Seal Technology)
  • APV (Anti Pac Valve)
  • TRS (Triple Rate Springs)

11__85542_zoom.jpg

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Jus put em in the front of my boosted PC 8. They look like there going to be awesome. Was messing around with adjustments in the garage an it's amazing the dif settings you can get. Went on lil field ride with them an seem better than floats already. The real testing an report back starts on 27th for 3 weeks in Revy!

Premium Features