• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Gizmo

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
This is legit !
I have heard about this from other polaris dealers and even the race dept and tech people were interested in this..
Don't let the name fool ya
I know they had been developing this for quit some time.

R

River Ratt

Oct 27, 2008
Markerville AB
I totally agree with this concept, but why are they heating up the motor to 160 F, the reason Dyno pulls are done at 120 F is that this were the motor makes power, once you start getting hotter you start to loose power. My new 2011 Pro Ride warms up to 100 F before coolent goes up into the tunnel coolers. I would hate to loose anymore power on the Pro-Ride as it is all ready down 17 to 20 hp to Doo & Cat.

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
I totally agree with this concept, but why are they heating up the motor to 160 F, the reason Dyno pulls are done at 120 F is that this were the motor makes power, once you start getting hotter you start to loose power. My new 2011 Pro Ride warms up to 100 F before coolent goes up into the tunnel coolers. I would hate to loose anymore power on the Pro-Ride as it is all ready down 17 to 20 hp to Doo & Cat.

I've heard good things about this as well but I am yet to see one in person. After you get some rides on your Pro you won't care about those dyno numbers, trust me...

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
temp seems kinda high, mine in the pow was running at a constant 123-127 degrees. will have to look in the owners manuel and see when it says the temp light comes on.

Last edited:

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
I had a Poo dealer in Wyoming tell me that was part of the reason for Poo loosing so many engines. Kinda funny these rednecks had similar results with their testing. Makes good sense to me. It's not what it runs at but what it spikes to after sitting for a few while you drink a beer then start it and fly off. I'll wait though since I'm under warranty. The only thing warranty doesn't cover though, is having to tow out after said covered failure :face-icon-small-sho

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
Developers removed the inline thermostat and made it only 49 miles before they lost the PTO side piston. Developers felt that had the kit not been removed, the test sled would have continued to run well beyond expectations.

really made it only 49 miles..

did they have coolant in it???

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
So, this sounds like it's based on good principles, but I'm wondering if an easy slowdown stop, then a warmup while your putting on your helmet/gloves and not just hammering it away wouldn't do the same thing?

How many of you diesel owners let your truck idle for 5 - 15 minutes after driving and before shutoff ? Do you sit in it and let it warm back up before taking off from a stop? I actually know a guy who does......

Guess what I'm trying to say is it seems ok for someone that wants to do it, but there may be alternatives.

Not sure what the combined milage is of all the sleds I've owed over the years, but it's alot. The last two trucks were 265,000 (12 years) and 235,000(10 years) and were still running strong when I sold 'em.

I have never thrashed a sled in my life, but I've never babied one either. I think it's easy to get caught up in Chicken Little syndrome.....

Bag

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
So, what's the impact of the smaller coolers on the Pro Ride? Less cooler coolant from the exchangers hitting the pump. Was this an issue inherent in the 08-10 800 design, and why not the CFI 7?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
F'n kills me that people will piss and moan about 300$ that might save there sled. But will pay out the arse for sled wraps and load cans.

Sure, but is this worth $300 just because someone said it would save my motor? I didn't know my motor needed saved. I read the webpage and thought they might be on to something, but the pricing was very high for what you get. Looks like a bunch of inline parts for a lot of money.

14583881.png

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Sure, but is this worth $300 just because someone said it would save my motor? I didn't know my motor needed saved. I read the webpage and thought they might be on to something, but the pricing was very high for what you get. Looks like a bunch of inline parts for a lot of money.

14583881.png

I agree, if it was $100 I might think about it but for $300 I'll just continue to let my sled warm up a bit before I start ripping on it.

W

wysnow

Dec 7, 2008
togwotee pass wyoming
it works on 07-11 600,700,800 polaris sleds. Have seen this work and I have rode it. It works. I rode one without it and rode with one on. The one one would rip. drag racing ect.. I am getting one.. For $300 thats cheap comparied to what a engine rebuilt costs.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
F'n kills me that people will piss and moan about 300$ that might save there sled.
Then there are crazy basterds like me who think the factory with its vast engineering budget might actually consider such a thing as coolant temperature when they build a motor.....I guess that's too much to ask??? Either way, even if the concept is sound, the price is steep for something that looks like a garden hose repair kit....

I don't worry about it too much....warmup and cooldown are 2 things I'm fairly religious about...I think you're crazy not to be with any of these strung out 2-strokes.

longgold

Premium Member
Nov 9, 2010
Whistler BC.
Developers removed the inline thermostat and made it only 49 miles before they lost the PTO side piston. Developers felt that had the kit not been removed, the test sled would have continued to run well beyond expectations.

really made it only 49 miles..

did they have coolant in it???

That one confused the hell out of me too...so without the unit the sled only lasted another 49miles before imploding??? So basically, the motor lasted 2049Miles and imploded.

My thought and hopes would be that the engine was in such pristine condition because of this new wonder invention that it would go on to last another 2000miles WITHOUT the collant by-pass system, as there was no scaring on the piston.

This is a very small sample space these guys have used in their testing. To me it indicates that whatever problem is underlying and resulting in the PTO side piston burning out was ongoing even with their invention in the sytem.

I've got $300 that says said piston was on its way out regarless of constant temps.

Now I go one step further..where I ride, over heating is the problem! We find when we sit for lunch for tem minutes and pack some snow in around the block and head, that our sleds give us way more power than they do for the rest of the day once they get warm...so how is keeping the sled warm helping me? Warm = warm air = hot clutch = hard on belt and way less power...

Is this for you poor guys that have to ride in minus f weather?

Premium Features