• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finially!! One goggle lens that does it all!! Polarized baby!!!

R
Jan 2, 2002
Newman Lake Washington
I didn't want to post until I had a chance to wear this goggle in ALL light conditions....and now that I have I'm yanking ALL the lens out of my goggles (well except for my chrome yellow) and switching to the 509 POLARIZED brown...:cool:

I'm not kidding you ...this is unreal...any of you that have polarized sunglasses for fishing will know what I'm talking about...

The icing on the cake a last weekend...we left the trailer in fog and very dim flat light...it was snowing hard and I thought my yellow lens would be best to brighten things up....nope

A couple of miles from the truck and I was NOT having any fun...I couldn't see the bumps in the trail and I was gettin hammered..I didn't dare go off trail because I just couldn't see any definition at all...

When we stopped I decided to pull out the new 509 polarized goggles I had loved so much on the sunny days...

I really thought they would be to dark for such a dark cloudy day but the second I put them on I couldn't believe how they brightened things up and I could actually see every bump and hump in the snow...Now I could rip around and have some fun...THESE GOGGLES DO NOT LOOK DARK AT ALL...The actualy are bright...I have the brown polarized and they give alot bight definition to the snow even when its dark and clowdy...

The real fun part was when we stopped next and I pulled them off and get the guys look thru them...WOW...LOL...EVERYONE was luvin the clarity from these new polarized lenses...

If you want ONE LENS THAT DOES IT ALL the 509 polarized lens is the only way to go...great for the sunny days and absolutely unbelievable on the cloudy flat light days...

I'm not sure if there on the 509 web site yet but maybe someone can find it and put up a link...

You wont be disapointed...Here is a pic of my new Polarized lenses..

Here is a pic of my brotha with his chrome yellow lens...way cool

5.jpg

Here is another bud with the yellow chrome with the sun hitting it just right..

Last edited:
I recently got a pair of 509's but with the chrome yellow lenses. I had a pair of oakley polarized sunglasses at one time and loved them so the idea of polarized goggle lenses seems really cool.

One problem I'm finding with the 509's is that I feel like they tend to fog more than the scott's I wore before. I love the 509 frames and how they fit in my helmet, so I'm hoping I can take care of this fogging issue.

Anyone have any ideas of anything I can do? Would an anti-fog cloth do the trick?

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
hard to tell in the pics, are there ventings in the lense??? are they dual lense??? have a pair of the sunglasses i love...

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
I recently got a pair of 509's but with the chrome yellow lenses. I had a pair of oakley polarized sunglasses at one time and loved them so the idea of polarized goggle lenses seems really cool.

One problem I'm finding with the 509's is that I feel like they tend to fog more than the scott's I wore before. I love the 509 frames and how they fit in my helmet, so I'm hoping I can take care of this fogging issue.

Anyone have any ideas of anything I can do? Would an anti-fog cloth do the trick?

I recommend calling 509, you may have a crack or something between the dual lenses that you can't see. Mine do not fogg at all, they are the best I've worn. I have the stock chrome lense and am planning on buying the polarized lense.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
im gonna have to try a pair, been running scoot clear for years and it can get tough to see when the condition are snowing or real bright

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com

Check your inside vents on the lenses. They had some leave the factory with the cut outs not completely removed. Also, do you wear a breath box? If you do remove it and the fogging goes away.

Our shipment arrived yesterday so we now have the Polarized lenses in stock too.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
one thing I've found that helps any goggle for not fogging up is the breath deflector that you can add to your helmet. I'll try and get a part number. between this and the goggle, it's vary rare that my goggles fog up. 509 goggles are some of the best in the business.

R
Jan 2, 2002
Newman Lake Washington
There is sometimes venting that dosent get all the way punched out from the factory Im told...I guess you judt finish poping them out and your fine...

As far as the fogging...if your a sweaty guy keeping any goggle clear on the insde could be hard no matter wat you wear...

but the biggest thing ive done is get rid of my quick strap...I just leave my goggles on when ever my helmets on and that keeps the inside on the lens warm and keeps it from fogging

If I do take my helmet off I rais the hood and stick it over the motor and that keeps it warm and clear..

When I had my scotts I had multipul pairs and just switched back and forth...but not any more ..now I can I wear the same 509's all day.:D

The other ting is if you wear a breath deflector that helps keep your goggles from fogging on the outside of the lens when you stop...If it does happen to fog then as soon as you moving again it will clear...fight the temptation to take them off...lol...keep the inside lens warm,:sun:

Ragged

S
Mar 23, 2008
I had a fogging issue. I forgot to take the protective cover off from the inside of the lens:rolleyes: never fog now. I'll be buying a polarized lens soon now i guess:beer;

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
just ordered two pair...fantastic price!!! cant wait for them!!!!!!!!!!!

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
darn, looks like im gonna have to break down and buy me a pair of 509's!:D:D
thanks for all the info on these goggles guys.

jayson

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
I was one of the fortunate guys that got to experience the new polarized lens in person....one word....AMAZING!! The definition that you see will totally amaze you. This is the exact combo that we crave....goggles that don't fog and a lens that performs in any light conditions. The polarized lens are a must have.

Thanks for contining to bring great products to the sled market Tom.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
We do have the polarized on our website now. They are $10.00 off at the moment at $39.95. For comparison Oakley polarized run $150+. Sled Solutions also has them in stock and on discount.

509 Polarized Website

SMOKE
polarizedsmoke500.jpg

BROWN
polarizedbrown500.jpg

Thanks Tom! We did get the lenses yesterday so we're ready to go!

We've used these all season and I will say they ARE the best goggle on the market.

Key to keeping you goggles from fogging is keeping them dry which means keeping your head cool. When things get to sweaty I take my head sock off and ride without it. It helps a ton. One of the many guys in my group who use the 509's had a breath box. He was fogging really bad and after we removed it NO MORE FOG.

Now is a great time of the year to buy a pair if you haven't tried them or want a second set. We've got the Sinister Goggles on sale right now along with the polarized lenses.

Great product Tom!

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
The 39.95 is just for the lense ..right??
How much for a complete goggle with these lenses?
Thanks

Premium Features