• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Conquer 280?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Just a quick note for guys looking. We HAVE 154 3.5" pitch 280 tracks as well as the 165 3.5" pitch available and are shipping them. Drivers are available if you need them as well. PM us if you have questions.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I have the driveshaft and track installed and was on the phone with Robbie from Avid-Products discussing anti stab location. He had me check some measurements and we realized that my drivers are not located correctly for this track. The driver windows are 1-1/2" wide so by setting the inside to inside width on the extro's to 8" like Robbie has on his website there is way too much side to side play in the track. It could potentially walk and touch each side of the tunnel which will also cause the rubber drive bumps to interfere with the wheels on the anti-stab and will most likely knock them off.

I am going to press the drivers inward farther to minimize the side play and keep the track centered in the tunnel. Robbie said he will be updating his page for the new dimensions.

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
I will be putting a 165, 3.5 on my 16 AXYS, the stock track has a torn lug so I needed to replace anyway. I ride Revy mostly i will post up results once we get out on the snow. Which wont be too long snow is coming early!

Question, how did the length work out, how much room left on adjustment?

L

luongo01

Feb 24, 2009
quebec
do you have enough room to adjust your 165"conquer with the stock rear wheel kit or i need a bigger wheel kit

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Haven't had time to put the skid in yet, but my adjusters still had about 3/4 of the slot available with the stock track at proper tension, so I am thinking it will be ok. Will post up when I get a chance to get it all back together.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
Haven't had time to put the skid in yet, but my adjusters still had about 3/4 of the slot available with the stock track at proper tension, so I am thinking it will be ok. Will post up when I get a chance to get it all back together.

That's a 1 hour job. C'mon man...

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Still have to cut off the rails and add anti stab kit. Not exactly sure how far back to cut the rails off. Any insight?

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Mountainhorse Iv been trying to find out the same answer but I was think the 3.5" pitch would be better in blower powder very light snow. and the 3" pitch would be better all around.. my opinion is the longer pitch is going to put more stress on the lugs making them flex or bend over in the wet heavy, set up snow.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Mountainhorse Iv been trying to find out the same answer but I was think the 3.5" pitch would be better in blower powder very light snow. and the 3" pitch would be better all around.. my opinion is the longer pitch is going to put more stress on the lugs making them flex or bend over in the wet heavy, set up snow.

That's exactly what my thoughts are as well. The longer space between lugs will give the snow more leverage on the lugs.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I just cant get past the fact that you have 7" of space between lugs. I think there is going to be a lot of damaged tracks and torn lugs. Tear off one lug and now you have 14" of space with no lugs. I just see a lot of stress being put on the few lugs these 3.5" pitch tracks have.

Now, for the tracks with the 3.0" pitch.... That I might try, but would really like to see some early season feedback on this design. Just my .02 Eric

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Still have to cut off the rails and add anti stab kit. Not exactly sure how far back to cut the rails off. Any insight?

Here's how I have always cut my rails, it's a 2013 Pro, but should be the same. Just remember to use lock tite on the the anti stab bolts, ripped my track after one on the bolts unscrewed.

anti stab.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com

I see where you are coming from... and it's been something that I've been pondering...

In my opionion (IMO)

IMO, "blower" pow acts more like a liquid than a solid. For that I would think that more paddles in the snow would give more fwd propulsion.

Then...IMO again... In set up snow... the wider spacing would have less tendency to fracture the blocks of snow between the paddles and give more traction... less paddles would not "liquify" the snow as much IMO.

A 165" track, 3.5"-pitch has 47 rows of paddles
A 162" track, 3" -pitch has 54 rows of paddles

Admittedly, all of this is speculation.... we'll see in the real world.

:juggle: :juggle: :juggle:

I'll be talking to the Camso engineers next week... If I find out anything on this topic... I'll post it up here.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Mountainhorse, I agree but I see burandt going with the 3.5 pitch on his builds. If there was a trenching issue, I would assume he would go 3.0. Maybe he is going just for weight loss but I doubt it.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
With a hastag of "#aslightaspossible" I believe that Chris is going for the lightest weight ... period... Ti bolts, regular floats etc etc... 7 less rows of paddles makes for about 5 lbs of difference in weight of the track... that is HUGE when you are going right down to the minute details with weight.

Plus, no one know how the 3.5" pitch 280's are and with a turbo, not much of a problem, especially with a coupled or partly coupled suspension (ARC).

I heard that there may even be a Ti exhaust on the BD turbo setup.

HMM... will be good to see... though everything is always "awesome" on a fully sponsored build, so that requires reading between the lines a bit...as there are some super high quality parts in that machine.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Here's how I have always cut my rails, it's a 2013 Pro, but should be the same. Just remember to use lock tite on the the anti stab bolts, ripped my track after one on the bolts unscrewed.
68a2dc6f1fdf179733c87c2bcb60b3d1.jpg

205f77428c37eb3f89f8c57dc1c56b2b.jpg

I cut mine off leaving 5/16" of "meat" in front of the factory cross shaft holes and trimmed the tips off at a 45 so there was nothing protruding beyond the anti stab rollers. Also added a second limiter strap while I had it apart and used Red Loctite on the anti stab bolts.

The 165" track does tension up, but there is only about 1/4" of adjustment left. I'm not sure I am comfortable running it like this since the track will obviously stretch a bit.

What do you guys think is the best route to go, oversized rear wheels or offset rear axle?

I think an 8 or 9" rear idler would take up enough slack,(if I remember right, the stockers are 7") but will it be at risk of hitting the tunnel?

Last edited:

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
tki is making a setback axle for this issue. Uses the stock wheels. Its on his instagram account.

Last edited:
Premium Features