• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 EFI Cold Seized pistons told the story

Bill Aufderheyde

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Injectors checked out fine with the ohm meter. Never hot rod prior to warming up down the trail till I hit powder. I did read a post discussing about snow bridging on the rear cooler. I will keep an eye on that idea.
What I want to do is check the thermostat and any suggestions from the forum. It looks like I would have more room if I removed the pto engine bracket. Would removing this bracket be the logical way to go? I don't want to pull the engine.

Thanks for your ideas, Bill

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
No easy way about it, the thermostat is on the PTO side. bottom, you'll have to remove the motor plate to access the thermostat, and the throttle bodies to gain the clearance you need to move the motor forward enough to. The Mag side motor mount bolt has to be taken out as well. But by that time you may as well just pull the whole motor. Three allen head bolts hold the thermostat cover on.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Pulling the motor out of an m7 is so easy that I would even try to get to the thermostat without pulling the motor. I have had mine motor out on my work bench twice this year, not a big deal, maybe 30 minutes total.

Premium Features