• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gripper Skis

2DaMax

Jan 27, 2008
Wondering if the gripper skis on the new Pros will fit on my 98?
I did a serch but it did not come up with anything.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
I put a set on my '98 700. I used the newer rubber bumpers (narrow ones) and I had to shim underneath the bumpers about 0.200", I cut a couple of pieces of aluminum 1 1/8" x 3 3/4" and siliconed them to the bottom of the bumpers. Then you need a 0.060 washer between the spindle and the ski (doesn't matter which side) and your good to go.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I have grippers on my IQ RMK and have thought about getting some for the wife's 600 Edge. Since they are wider than the Sidehiller II's I'm afraid they would not let the sled roll over on its edge as well since they have more flotation. The Sidehiller II's are a good width for the trailing arm style front end otherwise I would have picked up some grippers by now.

To each his own I guess, but sometimes I don't think wider is always better.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
They are unbeliveable compared to the stock '98 skis. At first I thought they were junk, sled felt like it was always going to highside and then I realized hey this thing is actually turning :face-icon-small-con they float way better, actually steer and look cool too. One of the best things I did for my '98.

Premium Features