• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powder coat or paint axys a arms?

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Just my opinion because... I bent an a-arm. Same one twice actually.

It doesn't take a very close inspection to see where the stress relief point was designed into the arms. They are bending as designed... lol

That said, I have a new stock lower on the left side now. Giving them another shot but it will be the last one.

Upper or lower?

C
Dec 24, 2014
Lower... I don't think the uppers are a problem. I think the taller spindle and the built in weak point near the rear mount of the lower is the issue. I see a set of Alt Impact arms in my near future.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
Sneak Peak. Here is one of my A-arms. I will show the rest of the sled when it is all put together.

I sprayed them myself with PPG OMNI MAE Acrylic Enamel and a Paint gun. Primed with metal etching primer. So far the surface seems tough and is sticking well.

Didn't want to get the high temperature baking of powder coat and low temp didn't offer much for colors. I had a particular hi viz yellow in mind. Had it mixed to match the hi viz on my graphics.

23324222355_3695dc9d9e_c.jpg

--Looks like a wishbone -- see if you kids can make a wish and break it...:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features