• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

zbroz exit ski shock install

S

sledbilly

Apr 9, 2007
I'm thinking of switching to coil overs for the front this season. The Exits are pricey but everything I have read points to the Zbroz shocks to be a superior product.

I'm not to keen on the suggested install for the reservoir, pic attached.

I talked with Zbroz the other day and their main tech guy is on vacation but I was told that they have looked at other locations and the suggested location is the best option.

The reservoir line comes stock 14" long but the shocks can be ordered with 12" up to 18" of reservoir line. Seems to me you could run the reservoir line between the bulkhead and plastic and install the reservoir inside the engine compartment OR there is a fair amount of room under the bulkhead (forward of the tie rod linkage) where you could attach the reservoirs to the bottom of the bulkhead forward of the linkage.

Has anyone installed the reservoir in a different location?

exit shock front.jpg

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
You want the shock oil to stay cool, that is why the reservoir is put on in the first place. That kind of knocks out the underhood possibility. I wouldn't want it in the bottom of the bulkhead ahead of the linkage just due to the possibility of one of the reservoirs coming loose and jamming the steering up somehow.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
I've had mine on for a season and a half and put them where they said to put them like in the picture you have. Haven't had any problems, the only thing I don't like about where they're at is it covers a zert fitting that now is pretty much impossible to get to with a regular grease gun.

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
Back in da day on my Prox (when they were called Axis) I had them on the outside and inside the belly pan. No performance difference at all. I say, put them where you want to put them!

S

sledbilly

Apr 9, 2007
boondocker97
Good point on the install ahead of the steering linkage. Under the hood though the reservoir could be installed right behind the side hood vent. The regulator would need to be moved on the right side.

mjunkie
which zerk fitting?

Premium Features