• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber or HM

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
i like that silber offers a 3psi wastegate for flats riding... i also like his price and said above add a meth kit.....cooling and can run more psi with lower octane fuel. and with all this its still the cheapest on the market

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I rode Jons 700, thats the one on its way to AK. that thing is gonna KILL everything up there. very good runnin sled. that 174 on there is gonna take him to places he shouldnt be...lol

Silber. thats a pretty good list of parts to get for the price. I didnt realize ya got so much stuff with it. seems like a good deal!

Curt at Fastrax built my last chassis and did a fastastic job, and now that ive rode his dragon I think thats the next sled im gonna build. I would recomend doin the full zbros front end and fastrax drop and roll. probably at least straight rails too if not a complete aftermarket rear skit as well. any turbo is gonna make this sled handle way different.

Silber does have a great price. HM does have a nice intercooler.

Just for reference I don't think that sled is going to KILL everything up here, no offense, I don't think you know of half the sleds we have up here with boost. Yes, it's going to be a runner...but I know of a couple titanium tube chassis yamahas that would give it a fit..

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
Silber was my choice

I went with the Silber kit because it has everything you need with good instructions and excellent customer support. I was able to buy his kit, timbersled rear suspension with iceage black rails, venting all the way around and will be getting fox floats for the front for under $6,500..... this is the perfect sled and I am enjoying the he!! out of it

IMG_2635.jpg IMG_2637.jpg IMG_2641.jpg IMG_2638.jpg

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
can ya run 14lbs of boost on 50/50 gas on a auto turbo?

IQrider...I know..i was kiddin a bit. still 700 with boost at sea lvl is gonna be a pretty fun package.

nice sled silverfox

J
Dec 18, 2009
Salt lake City
Justin kit Rocks!

I'm Running Justin's kit and this kit is awesome. He goes out of his way to help you with any problems or questions you might have and the quality and workmanship you get you can't beat for the price! He will always answer your call or call you back 7 days a week there is no one out there that supplies that good of customer service that makes the kit worth double just for that benefit.:beer;

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska

IQrider...I know..i was kiddin a bit. still 700 with boost at sea lvl is gonna be a pretty fun package.

nice sled silverfox

No, but an auto turbo is going to make much more power at 14lbs assuming everything else is the same. I've done the Aerocharger thing. High intake temps, high rebuild cost, high replacement cost...it's not for everyone. But they do make for a simple and clean install.

My 660 turbo as sea level was a monster, and Wick's is going to be a beast too, for sure.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Ive had 6 aero kits and now ride a garrett and theres a reason ,,, do a search on aerochargers on this site,,, I dont have justins Kit but even so he has given me advice,, Great guy for shure!!!!

Last edited:
P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
My vote would be for silber. He is a standup guy with great customer service. His kits are clean, easily installed, and priced right. Nothing against HM turbos as it looks like a nice setup, but like stated before you can almost get 2 silber kits for that kind of money.

A

aus091

Dec 25, 2008
this forum turned into a Sh#t show really quickly, i think people need to stop sharing opinions and just provide facts thats all this guy is looking for,

Price of the silber turbo is good im sure it runs good...

Hm turbo seems to have more bells and whistles but for a pretty pennie more both are gonna run great i can only imagine so its all about what you are looking to spend and what catches your eye.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
this forum turned into a Sh#t show really quickly, i think people need to stop sharing opinions and just provide facts thats all this guy is looking for,

Hm turbo seems to have more bells and whistles but for a pretty pennie more both are gonna run great i can only imagine so its all about what you are looking to spend and what catches your eye.

:rolleyes:

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd

that sounds like an opinion:beer;

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven

i agree with him...but...some good ol smack talkin is entertaining

thats kinda why i pulled the thread, didnt want to reflect nagatively on either company due to "smack talkin" haha

:beer;:beer;

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho

nice sled silverfox

yes you can... i run 13-14 lbs of boost on my sled with 50/50 at 6-9k ft. all the time. no intercooler because they cause lag... just lots of venting and it works really well. after talking with justin a few times i would definately reccomend him and his kit. seems like a great guy and he takes care of his customers

Last edited:

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
i have taken a look at a HM turbo kit. it looked like it ran well but the instal was below par in my book. there were hoses wires and junk running EVERYWHERE! it was not a very clean kit imo and the 2500 bones for a new turbo makes me wanna run the other direction. say you have an engine failure and you send a couple of pieces of the piston out through the pipe...your veins are gunna be toast and poof...there goes 2500 bones for a new turbo or repairs that take forever. and for over 6k for a kit i say no thank you. not bashing but it was not for me. you couldnt even get to the plugs easily. i do however like the cold air intake they have. Silbers turbo kits look very clean and are priced fair. i like that!

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
?

That HM intercooler is definately titties, you gotta like that.

Here's an idea for the Turbo Gurus..... How about a liquid cooled Charge Tube???????????? eh,,,, eh,,,, you likey....

Somehow run coolant around the charge tube just before the intake box, or in the small intake box itself...... smaller than the HM unit.....

What about a "finned" charge tube, just to dissipate a little extra heat?

What about boodockers mini intercooler, liquid jacketed to help out some, then maybe you could lose the fan????

freeon jacketed charge tube "refrigerated charge tube"?????

Just thinkin out loud here........

hmmm...

I love turbos.

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
That HM intercooler is definately titties, you gotta like that.

Here's an idea for the Turbo Gurus..... How about a liquid cooled Charge Tube???????????? eh,,,, eh,,,, you likey....

Somehow run coolant around the charge tube just before the intake box, or in the small intake box itself...... smaller than the HM unit.....

What about a "finned" charge tube, just to dissipate a little extra heat?

What about boodockers mini intercooler, liquid jacketed to help out some, then maybe you could lose the fan????

freeon jacketed charge tube "refrigerated charge tube"?????

Just thinkin out loud here........

hmmm...

I love turbos.

I have seen this done(on car not sled), searching for the link to webpage that sells them but can't find it. I had it saved on my laptop, but it took a crap and now I can't find it.

Premium Features