• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Women's tek vests?

I
Nov 21, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Quite a few of us are wearing the SixSixOne Core Saver.

sixsixonecoresaver.jpg

I was initially hesitant because it was not as beefy as the BWear that I had previously, however I was never able to get comfortable in the BWear so I didn't wear it. This vest has always been comfortable, and I've taken some pretty substantial knocks with it and have only experienced some minor bruising.

The key, in my opinion, is to try on the different vests - there aren't that many made specifically for women (there are some crossover moto-x ones that I've seen), so depending on your frame you might find something that fits a little better. I'm a hair under 5'5" and have tig ol' bitties, and have friends who are 5'8" who are wearing the same vest comfortably. Head to the fall snow shows and you'll probably have a variety to try on.

I will say - the vest that 2fun4u has also came with pockets, pretty nice for spring riding when you don't have a jacket on. I *THINK* hers is a Tek-Vest brand. :)

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
the wife and i both wear the tek vest trail pro version with full front plate (no zip in the middle of the sternum). she took quite a hit to the bars with her chest two seasons ago, she is in the medical field, and told us without the vest we would have probably had to fly her out of where we were. vest stopped a severe injury.

we both ride supermoto and dirtbikes, and wear the 661 pressure suit (full armour on sleeves as well), when we are on the bikes. you have to decide what works for you. not a one style works for everyone kind of item. ski

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
the wife and i both wear the tek vest trail pro version with full front plate (no zip in the middle of the sternum). she took quite a hit to the bars with her chest two seasons ago, she is in the medical field, and told us without the vest we would have probably had to fly her out of where we were. vest stopped a severe injury.

we both ride supermoto and dirtbikes, and wear the 661 pressure suit (full armour on sleeves as well), when we are on the bikes. you have to decide what works for you. not a one style works for everyone kind of item. ski

Is that the hit I am thinking about? If it is you could hear it with the sleds running. OUCH!!!

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I would say 90% of the ladies that I ride with, and that wear a vest, wear the 661 Core Saver. And the overall % of women wearing vests has gone up HUGE in the past year! :beer;

661girls.jpg

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
Is that the hit I am thinking about? If it is you could hear it with the sleds running. OUCH!!!

yep shawn, that's the one i am talking about. i am so glad she was wearing one. she fought me on it at first, but saw me slip on the ice, land on my back with a softball size rock under me, no damage to me at all. she said, ok i'll wear it. now we dont get on the sleds or bikes without them. ski

Premium Features