• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16in. track

Summit97

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Pipestone Mn
I know I read it some where but I can't find it. What do you have to do to put one on this chassis?

Thanks!!!
Summit97

I saw somewheres to add some washers or something to space out the tunnel alittle, and shave down anything the sticks out to far, my thinking is wide track for floatation for when your riding flat, but for boondockers jumping through the trees, how often is the sled flat, mine is on its side alot, I still have a 15 wide.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Just ran maiden voyage on 16" addition to my Zx a week ago. I was quite happy with it. I like to ride the trees too, and the trees usually have the softest snow as the sun doesn't git to it like an open area.

As for stuffing it in an S chassis tho?

I don't see the 16" part being an issue any more so than the Zx, and just making sure that anything sticking out much is ground down - should be fine.

Not likely gunna shove many (any?) worshers in the front mount, but you could easilly add some to the rear.

The only real issue I see is making sure that you have a short enough lug. Not sure how short the 16" come in? Can you get anything bigger than a 1-3/4" in an S chassis? Prolly can if you go to 7 tooth 3" pitch track/drivers. Just got to make sure to git those drivers put exactly where they need to be!

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Buddy of mine on here (skidoohmx) has a 97 Summit with a 159x16x2.25 Powdermaxx on his sled, it can be done have to grind down a bunch of rivets redo drop brackets I think and there is a bolt or two in the tunnel behind the chaincase you have to grind 1/2 the heads off or more so they don`t hit the track, of course to get that tall lug you have to have a Drop and Rolled chaincase. His floatation is awesome,

Wildcard,

Summit97

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Pipestone Mn
track

Thanks!! I have a 144X2 on it now. I bought a 16X144X2 for a freind and now he doesn't want it.

Thanks again!!
Summit97

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
They will fit but it is tight and you need to get the track adjusted correctly. I made up a 2 inch by 16 inch board and just used that as a guide to go through the entire tunnel with. Then I stated working on grinding rivets and bolts down that would hit. The drop brackets were a pain so I made some new ones. Also as stated put some washers inside the tunnel where bolts go through to spred it a little, this helped a bunch.

Premium Features