• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Baker shootout??

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Trying to talk my wife into going, never been to baker. What is the shootout all about? Is it worth the trip? Is there lodging near by? Thanks!

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
Local hill climb competition,party. There's vendors up there, its kinda like a small Big Iron Shootout minus OZONE. Consumption of mass quantities by mass quantities of peeps. I've heard its a good time and if you want a decent place to camp, get there wed.
I don't know about driving the rv up that road in the snow and ice though.
Well that's what I've been told.

S

stevepolaris

Mar 4, 2012
the Mt baker shootout is really fun, if you havnt gone before i would definity recomend you going. it is worth the drive. if you have a huge motor home i would first see the conditions of the road, you dont want to be stuck on the way up.... but if you have a camper that goes on the bed of te truck then i would go up ther wed and have a blast. conceret the closest town that actualy has stuff its liek 4 miles from the main road(8 or 9 from te mtn)

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
Parking is a sh*t show. Sometimes a vendor will have a demo sled. Usuallly only one or two vendors. Local club selling burgers. Thats it besides alot of monkeys sitting around doing nothing. IMO not really much to look at. Go a different weekend when the weather is good and just simply enjoy the stellar riding and terrain of the Cascades. Unless you are more into sitting around drinking beer. But I prefer doing that on the couch.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

S

stevepolaris

Mar 4, 2012
i would have to dissagree with some of that. the past couple of years it has had great weather and some pretty good snow 2 years ago we got 2 feet of fresh.... there is a lot of peiople who sit around and drink beer but that shouldnt stop anyone from going out and riding. the burgers are pretty good and supporting a local club.. I just go for that and the rest is a plus

S

stevepolaris

Mar 4, 2012
Couple of buddies are wanting to go too, but not sure how to get there. Any info would be helpfull.
Greg
take I5 North up till north cascades high way then follow north cascades high way untell you see a sign for schibers medow sno park and head up baker lake road and follow untell you come to s sharp 15 MPh right turn and on the left there is a dirt logging road that says sno park follow that and your there

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Local hill climb competition,party. There's vendors up there, its kinda like a small Big Iron Shootout minus OZONE. Consumption of mass quantities by mass quantities of peeps. I've heard its a good time and if you want a decent place to camp, get there wed.
I don't know about driving the rv up that road in the snow and ice though.
Well that's what I've been told.

No RV, just an suv and a 2 place.

S

stevepolaris

Mar 4, 2012
then y ai would head up saterday if you want to spend the night up tere the closest place you can stay i think is like 35 min away

Broskie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2010
Last year the day before the Baker shoot-out was an epic riding day. That night was the standard party's by the RV's with camp fires, stories, and brews. The next day was fogged in extremly bad but most everyone rode up sat to talk and have some BBQ.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Yep, NWGC will be there again this year!
Shoot out/BBQ is Sat April 14th.
If the current weather patterns hold we should be able to park in the lower big parking lot. Which is a good thing, since there usaully is a VERY large turn out and some years parking can be a challenge.
Normally if everyone uses some comon sense and we all work together, the parking goes smoothly.

For lodging the closest place to stay (15-20 minutes from the snow park) is Grandy Creek Cabins (360 826-3159) at the Baker lake road turn off.
There are also places to stay in Sedro-Woolley which is approx 30-35 minutes from the snow park.

What happens at the event depends on the weather. If the weather is good then there will be lots of riding going on! If the weather is socked in, then we tend to hang out at the BBQ more, eating and swapping stories. Either way still a good time!

Premium Features