• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

problems

D

demise69

Jul 31, 2008
La Ronge,SK
What elevation are you at? You can't run 8 psi on pump at low elevation. Are you sure its not detonating? I run 50/50 91/Av gas at 1250' 8 psi. You can also turn your fuel pressure up 45 psi if you have your settings maxed. Thats what I had to do to get some more fuel. I run the same kit

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
i was at 4-6000 with about 50% race gas the first day and burned off half the tank and topped of with fuel. then took boost controller totally out and put in just a hose so it would open right away and still was building 8 pounds then my dad got on it and within 30 seconds fried the mag side piston. i guess i shouldnt have let him ride it until i got it figured out completely. i gapped my plugs down a little more and it helped a little but for some reason it is building too much boost. and it is so rich on the bottom end that it is a complete pig until it hits the boost. well was anyways. ill tear it apart tomorrow and see how much damage was done

Last edited:
D

demise69

Jul 31, 2008
La Ronge,SK
Mine wouldn't go below *8 psi either. I had to grind out the waste gate. It couldn't dump enough air to bring the boost down. After I ground it out I can turn down to 5 Psi.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
what do you mean ground out your wastegate. what is there to grind. i havent looked at mine at all i just put it in and that was it

D

demise69

Jul 31, 2008
La Ronge,SK
If you look at your waste gate flapper ( i attached a picture ) the flapper is quite a bit bigger then the hole. I had to grind some of this material out to get better flow. If you do this just make sure you dont grind to much material away. This allowed me to get down to 5psi so I could run pump gas if I wanted to for low elevation.

wastegate.jpg

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
ouch! no thank goodness mine wasnt that bad. just screwed up the jug and gave me the excuse to get the single ring pistons and a low comp head

J
Dec 18, 2009
Salt lake City
Yours must be a 07 right? I was told by my local polaris dealer the 07 pistons are not inner changeable with the 08 the distance from the piston pin to the top of the piston is diffrent. I would reather have the dual ring. Why do you think polaris recalled all the 800's with the single ring and went back to the dual ring piston.

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
Change your fuel filter. Your supposed to do it every year. Adding turbo means lots more fuel which means having clean filter is very important. I had the exact problem you describe happen to me yesterday. sled went way lean at wide open even with box maxxed out and boost turned all the way down. took fuel filter off and can barely blow through it. I almost garentee thats what your problem is.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
Yours must be a 07 right? I was told by my local polaris dealer the 07 pistons are not inner changeable with the 08 the distance from the piston pin to the top of the piston is diffrent. I would reather have the dual ring. Why do you think polaris recalled all the 800's with the single ring and went back to the dual ring piston.

oh man i hope your wrong i ordered them already since i read on boondockers web site that they recommended updating the pistons on the o7. did i misread something? i have been known to do that from time to time

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
after rechecking i guess i may have misinterpereted it says upgrade from stock pistons on o7 700. what should i run then i wonder

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
08 single rings will work in your 07, dapending on wher you ride a low comp head will take away some of the low end grunt not sure how much but it will loose some,

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
i am not worried about how it runs so much here at home or even at the hills (4-6000) becuase i hardly ride there. its much more important how it rides in the snowies and going to togwotee for the first time in march

J
Dec 18, 2009
Salt lake City
pistons

Call Micha at Fast Track polaris in Heber Utah 435-654-5343 They build probably the most turbo sleds in utah he is the one that told me that they weren't interchangeable I wanted to go the other way o7's in 08 maybe the 08's will fit in a 07 You might try Tricities polaris in centerville there really good to.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
as far as i know they fit alot of guys switch from dual ring to single ring maybe iam wrong just what i read somewhere

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
got it all put back together single ring pistons low compression head new fuel filter about 5 gallons of race gas plugs gapped to .018 and its better but still not gone but it goes longer before it does it now. turned the fuel pressure up to try to get rid of it and it got better but still does it. and now it does it low end maybe its loading up im getting pretty frustrated and cant get ahold of justin i guess hes out west again. i need to get this stupid thing running

J
Dec 18, 2009
Salt lake City
I would still get a hold of Derek with Attitude and have him reflash your box to the map he did for my sled and adjust your waste gate so you can lower your boost or run sraight 110 and see what it does. I haven't been able to get in touch with Justin either I think he has limited cell service.

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
My sled had some of the same issues, turned out to be a bad v/r. Double check all the connections for the attitude box.

Premium Features