• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

intake setups what you guys run or recomend

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
iam getting close to finishing up my iqr conversion on my dragon, iam wondering what you guys got for filtration setup lots of flow and keep from ingesting snow

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
size or engine dont really matter as iam concerned about where these iqrs draw air at. since these were not intended for mountian use iam worried about snow ingestion so is there any vent kits or is the stock setup working good

A
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Marais, MN
The stock 440 hood plenum, airbox and intake is a good design and can support an 800 no problem. You just need to make sure to caulk around the headlight and base of the plennum. Also start with two new foam donuts on the plenum and intake tube. Lastly, I usually cut AT LEAST 3 more vents in around my tach (and get an SLP tach delete filter). I use old K&N prefilters backed by firm mesh held in by 1/8" aluminum rivets and flat washers to filter all air coming into the hood. Hope this helps, Craig

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I use the factory airbox which has a snorkel tube that connects the airbox to the hood plenum. I sealed my headlight gap that I had and remove the foam air intakes with some mesh and pre-filter vents that I made myself. The other thing I did was I put some automotive weather seal and stuck it on the headlight/air intake plenum that way it filled the gap where it meets the hood. Here is a pic of my vents. I also removed the stock tach and installed slp's air intake gauge replacement thing.

IMGP0310.jpg

Last edited:

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
As the others have said, use the stock setup...I am running a mod/stock setup on my 910. I am running a BRtech hood with all of their vents and it works great. Seal everything up as the others have said, I have also put a K&N foam filter on the underhood plenum to filter anything else that might make its way into the air box. I hope this helps, there are other manufacturers of filters out there, just look for them...SLP, Brad, BRtech,someone in Alaska makes em'.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
hey thanks for the help guys and thanks for the pic, ive always like the look of the iqr ive never ridin one or really payed much attention to them. iam picking my iqr hood from mountian fit hoods hopefully tomarrow.

does anybody have the plenum setup that mounts to the hood they wana sell ???

Premium Features