• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Keep sway bar or not on 07 Summit?

S
Dec 11, 2008
Squamish, BC
haven't tried again since i posted the pic....but now that i think of it, even if i do get it out without cutting, can I get it back in? if not I'm thinking i might just cut it. Anyone?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
You can get it in and out easily, just gotta twist and turn it the right way. Grab a flashlight and open the hood....you can see where it enters the belly pan on the clutch side. I pulled mine out from the chaincase side and put it back from that same side....if that matters. If you're using much pressure or force....you're doing it wrong.

Last edited:
S
Dec 11, 2008
Squamish, BC
Still not happening. I guess i just have to talk myelf into cutting it. Jay, I think I must have a different set up than you? Mine has 6 bolts either side, 4 on the a-arm bracket and 2 on the bulkhead behind the a arms. Was hoping not to cut it just in case i didn't like the new ride. Oh well, thatnks for everyones help.:beer;

ArcticDoo2

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2007
Eastern SD
Sixohfour I hope I'm getting back in time. You don't have to cut it!! Mine has the four bolts on each A-arm and the two bolts on the bulkhead too and I didn't think there was any possible way I could get it either but after about 15 to 20 minutes of twisting and turning, it popped out. You have to get it just right with the angles and tap on the one side with a hammer. You don't have to force it, just finess it out of there. I also took mine out on the chaincase side. I don't think that has anything to do with it, but it's worth a try if you're trying to get it out of the clutch side. It will come, it just might take some time. Keep trying so you don't destroy it! Good luck!!

R
Dec 12, 2007
Orting, WA
removal

I replaced my factory springs with the factory big boy springs yesturday. I unbolted everything i could to pull out the sway bar. I think I could have gotten the sway bar out but the aftermarket skid plate didnt allow the sway bar to go in far enough to twist it out. NOT going to pull the skid plate off, too many big rivits to replace. So, I cut the sway bar out. I guess if I dont like how the sled handles I can always find a used on or buy a new one.

I
Nov 27, 2007
BOISE,ID
I have been wanting to do this for a while now. I have done this on every sled I have ever owned. My wifes M pulls over so nicely and easy and I struggle to get mine over. Always have to hit it and yank it. It wasent too bad though compaired to my old Edge. Guess thats why I left it alone.
MISTAKE !

I have a 07 800R 151" Adrenaline and I weight 180#

I finally did this yesterday after 1700 miles. I was worried thet the stock crappy shocks would be too soft. Ended up cutting it off due to no patience and frustration.

Here was my experiance yesterday.

Wow WOW WOW !

Here it goes... WHY DIDN'T I DOO THIS A LONG TIME AGO !!!!

Mostly a road ride. Stand up riding style. Hardly EVER sit down.

I set the shocks on the higest setting..

pros...

no bump steer feedback ! smooth !

When on the gas the sled dosen't want to flatten out and pull straight.

Totally independent suspension..great for landing off camber jumps. Again sled dosen't want to Flaten and throw you off.

Cornering.. stand forward over the inside ski, the sled rolls to the inside sets up more like a dirtbike instead of FLAT.

Con's..
Have to be on your game a little more..Little squirlly. Feels lighter though.
Probally not for a sit down laid back rider.

Sled feels like a totally diff sled. LOVE IT !
So much eaiser to ride.
Cant wait to get in the deep. Its going to side hill so easy now..

Hope this helps you guys.

PULL IT, RIP IT,LOVE IT !

D
Oct 25, 2009
I have been wanting to do this for a while now. I have done this on every sled I have ever owned. My wifes M pulls over so nicely and easy and I struggle to get mine over. Always have to hit it and yank it. It wasent too bad though compaired to my old Edge. Guess thats why I left it alone.
MISTAKE !

I have a 07 800R 151" Adrenaline and I weight 180#

I finally did this yesterday after 1700 miles. I was worried thet the stock crappy shocks would be too soft. Ended up cutting it off due to no patience and frustration.

Here was my experiance yesterday.

Wow WOW WOW !

Here it goes... WHY DIDN'T I DOO THIS A LONG TIME AGO !!!!

Mostly a road ride. Stand up riding style. Hardly EVER sit down.

I set the shocks on the higest setting..

pros...

no bump steer feedback ! smooth !

When on the gas the sled dosen't want to flatten out and pull straight.

Totally independent suspension..great for landing off camber jumps. Again sled dosen't want to Flaten and throw you off.

Cornering.. stand forward over the inside ski, the sled rolls to the inside sets up more like a dirtbike instead of FLAT.

Con's..
Have to be on your game a little more..Little squirlly. Feels lighter though.
Probally not for a sit down laid back rider.

Sled feels like a totally diff sled. LOVE IT !
So much eaiser to ride.
Cant wait to get in the deep. Its going to side hill so easy now..

Hope this helps you guys.

PULL IT, RIP IT,LOVE IT !

GREAT review of this mod!

I'm NOW really thinking about doing this! Unfortunately for the next few months I'm stuck in Ontario in the flats..not looking at doing much trail riding but don't think there is much else to do here! Anyone else have any trail use review of riding without the sway bar??

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Unbolt it, pull towards you then, with it pointing rearward simply push down and back and it comes out. There is no hammering or difficulty with skid plates. I have a Holeshot on mine and pulled it out on a trailer in 30 seconds.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:
T
Dec 28, 2007
TX
sway bar

Removed the sway bar on a 04 and 06 in October on the 04 had to undo the tie rod end and the end on one a arm and removed the lower bolt on the shock with this done came right out real easy followed the same process on the 06 but the bar still would not come out after twisting and pulling no go the only thing was the 06 had a skid plate after awhile removed the revits on the big part of the skid plate pulled it down and bar almost fell out on it own just like the 04 did, I no some have said that the skid plate is not in the way and maybe I just missed the right position to do this are something like that.

S
Dec 11, 2008
Squamish, BC
I was under a bit of pressure tonight because the snow is finally falling again and I'm going riding in the morning. I had tried all the advice on the board and couldn't get it to come out...I had the grinder out and decided to try pulling it out one last time. well bingo, the thing DID just fall out! Unbelievable. Anyways, thanks for everyone's help, I'll post the results tomorrow.

B
Feb 28, 2008
wasilla
I was under a bit of pressure tonight because the snow is finally falling again and I'm going riding in the morning. I had tried all the advice on the board and couldn't get it to come out...I had the grinder out and decided to try pulling it out one last time. well bingo, the thing DID just fall out! Unbelievable. Anyways, thanks for everyone's help, I'll post the results tomorrow.

with the skid plate on or off

S
Dec 11, 2008
Squamish, BC
Had it out today for the first time without the sway bar and it was sweet! Didn't really think it was any worse on the trail up and in the deep snow it was really nimble. Had it over on edge much easier than last time I was out. In my opinion, there is no reason to not do this.

Premium Features