• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cant get over 6K RPMS. Bogs out, 07 800r 151"

S
Mar 23, 2008
I was riding yesturday and noticed at idle the rmps would stay about 1700, then for a split second fade down, then bump up again. like its in a loop. If that makes any sense. Also when i opened it right up it had a minor bog.

Today. the idle problem was the same. but later in the day i couldnt even hit 7K. the bog seems to start around 6K. it sounds like a sled running on one cylinder after 6K. Just gutless, almost like its overfueling itself terribly

Could it be the crank? havent told in down yet, but i was assuming either the clutches, crank. or rave.

Update.

I found a nipple with no hose conected to it on the PTO side rave soleniod. the nipple faces towards the mag side. But i cant find a hose thats not connected. The microfishe seems to show it unplugged also.

Also found a hose from the top of the oil resevior with a check valve on it that went no where. is this a breather? it was next to the dpm system. does it connect into there for air pressure?

EDIT:

found no broken or disconnected hoses. checked everything, plugs, replaced cap, wires. connections.

Mag side comp feels lower. would this cause my problems? exhaust leak?

H
Jan 19, 2009
maybe your crank has twisted in the middle and your pistons are different hights in the jugs it happend to my friends 07 rev

S
Mar 23, 2008
havent done a comp test, just with my fingers. Mag side feels noticably differenct then PTO. all rave lines are good. couldnt get to the rave valves because i couldnt find the right Torx bit. but it did look like a bit of white dust on the guillotine cap though.

plugs looked good the first day. tan. then when i tore it down yesturday. they were black. Not sure if was from hitting that bog point for too long.

installed a new mag side rave guillotine a month ago. and everything on that side was good. PTO side was replaced a year ago, and all checked out.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
did you look at your reed boots? If there are cracks or a vacuum leak in your reed boots it can cause erratic idling and it could keep it from revving up right, and bogging.

Evan

D
Oct 13, 2008
Pull your reeds and check for bad boots, bad reeds. Also check to see if there is any metal filings on the reeds. This is a tell tale sign when the crank starts to go.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
is there an easy way to move the carbs out of the way to remove the reed boots? its such a PIA workin in that area

not really. Remove the coolant hoses from the carbs and the rave valve solenoids and then push it as far out of the way as possible.

Evan

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I had a throttle position sensor take a dump on mine....ran like a general bag of ****, flooded like yours (black plugs), weird idle, yada yada. Didn't throw any engine codes for some reason, but changed it out and good as gold. Not sure how one would test at home for that tho...maybe someone else can help there.

S
Mar 23, 2008
got my raves apart, nothing wrong with them. exept they are covered in oil. never seen them like that before. and the top of my pistons are all black with carbon. So im thinking my oil pump came out of adjustment. the cable seemsreally long right now.

Anyone know the length that the adjuster is supposed to be at? if i remember it was around 22mm or something?

could this be the cause of my problems? all my rave hoses and valves are good. will check the solenoids after i put it all back together though.

Had one reed out, it was perfect. will go check the mag side in a few.

thanks, Mark

S
Mar 23, 2008
its goin into the shop on tuesday. Cant figure it out. I think its gotta be in the primary. And i lost my puller and dont have the botton holders. Took it right down to the block and everything seems to be working fine. cleaned the secondary and inspected everything else. only thing left is primary or bottom end or electrical

prototype69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Belgrade,MT
Same problem.

I am having the same problem with my 07 rev. Wierd low idle/mid range bog/loading up and not pulling full rpms. It has done this about the last 5 rides last year and yesterday when I rode it did the same thing. I have had the carbs apart,checked reeds,checked dpm solenoid and tubes,new primary clutch,replaced rave valve solenoids, checked compression. It seems to run fine at low elevation but you get high it starts running like a**. Tearing into my raves today. Anyone have any suggestion besides starting my sled on fire. :beer;:beer;:beer;

Premium Features