• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SSI helix bushing

sledhead685

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2012
Laramie
Has anyone ever had problems with the helix bushing on their team secondary breaking like this? Has less than 1000 miles on it. Im guessing they are not replaceable and the whole helix needs to be replaced?

IMG_1433-1.jpg image1-3.jpg

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
Don't think mine is an SSI, will have to check when I tear it apart today to try and figure out what Im going to do to fix its poor performance. It downshifts so hard I almost go over the bars and it sounds like it is ready to explode.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Has anyone ever had problems with the helix bushing on their team secondary breaking like this? Has less than 1000 miles on it. Im guessing they are not replaceable and the whole helix needs to be replaced?
ive had this issue as well, my secondary was not true, and it kept eating helixs

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
hahaha yes
face-icon-small-tongue.gif
......no got a new secondary fixed the issue, every 300 miles it was eating one up very odd so now I have a box of trash helixs the rollers in the secondary when they go bad will cause this too so check them out its a cheap easy fix,

sledhead685

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2012
Laramie
hahaha yes
face-icon-small-tongue.gif
......no got a new secondary fixed the issue, every 300 miles it was eating one up very odd so now I have a box of trash helixs the rollers in the secondary when they go bad will cause this too so check them out its a cheap easy fix,

I will check that out. I wouldn't think the secondary isn't true though though as I had over 1,200 miles on the original helix. Probably a good time for some new roller anyways.

Premium Features