• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

odd clutch question

B
Dec 8, 2010
I have a new to me sled that has been modded. It has bender pipes and has been jetted (don't know with what). The clutch was modded but when I got it it was grenaded. I would like to know what it was set up for. The spring is a yellow white yellow (black spring if that make a difference) and the weights have the following markings.
0C
R
stamped on them. The spring is still good but the weights all broke when it exploded.

I would like to know what this set up would have been good for? Thanks in advance.

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
i live in swastika, ont. canada
Those are the same weights Hauck powersports sent me with my mm700 pipes. Without any rivets, they weigh 38.09 grams each. As for what they were good for it depends on what rivet weights you had in each hole on the profile of the weight. A good clutch kit will be set up for both your weight, as well as the power of the engine. you could get an infinite amount of possibilities of handling depending on how the weight was loaded up and where the added weight was placed.
heel weight = bottom end
mid weight = midrange
tip weight = top end
Hope this helps, i've pulled out many a hair trying to fine tune clutching over the years, sooooo many variables, springs, weights, helixes...lol
Good luck

B
Dec 8, 2010
Thanks for the help so far. I forgot to mention in my first post that the sled is a 00 MM 700. As for weights their appears to be two rivets installed one on the tip that extends past he side and one in the middle that is almost flush with the sides. If this provides any better idea. The rider was about 230 - 240 lbs. riding mostly 1500 to 3000 ft.

Premium Features