• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Series 5.2 track for the SKS 146?

FlatLand_J

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2013
Is any familiar with this track? Polaris emailed those of us who snow-checked an SKS 146 saying the track spec had been changed.

Relevant part of the email:
When your 800 SKS 146 arrives at your Polaris dealer, it will now come standard with the Series 5.2 2.25" track, instead of the original Peak 2.25" track. The Series 5.2 track provides great traction both on- and off-trail with excellent durability, and it's modeled after the modified Series 5.1 track that the Polaris Hillclimb Team uses to dominate the RMSHA racing circuit.

Anyone have any thoughts on this track or firsthand knowledge?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
The 5.1 was the 2.4" soft pow track before the series 6 2.6. Many cut down the track to 2.25, or some combo, and liked the increase in traction in setup snow, while still providing lift. The RMK Assaults typically ran a stiffer durometer 2.25 track that was great in more setup, but more of a trencher in the deep. I'd guess this is a cutdown 5.1. I thought the SKS had this Peak as an option, too, so, perhaps that's also changing. But, this isn't first hand running experience.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I'm worried about this too. The Peak track was one of the main reason I went with the 146. We have harder snow and I don't want that powder track, that's why I wanted the peak.
Funny thing is that none of the dealers in Norway I have talked too, knew anything of this..
Not even the sled upgrades for the motor.. They say the new track is inspired of the cut down 5.1, and I know everyone hated that track

B

Bredviken1

Oct 17, 2013
I'm worried about this too. The Peak track was one of the main reason I went with the 146. We have harder snow and I don't want that powder track, that's why I wanted the peak.
Funny thing is that none of the dealers in Norway I have talked too, knew anything of this..
Not even the sled upgrades for the motor.. They say the new track is inspired of the cut down 5.1, and I know everyone hated that track

This is the new track they said.could be great if the lugs are stiffer then the peak:)

image.jpg

B

Bredviken1

Oct 17, 2013
At least we in Norway haven't got the email about the track swap. Hopefully we will have the peak still..

Polaris Norway/Sweden dont know yet.but polaris say the new track will be stiffer then the peak so it maybe a good track.but hopefully we have the funny track we order:)

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Where have you heard that the track is stiffer? I really wanted peak because of the stiffnes and the grip. If we get the 5.2 in Europe too, I might have to order the Peak 2.5

B

Bredviken1

Oct 17, 2013
Where have you heard that the track is stiffer? I really wanted peak because of the stiffnes and the grip. If we get the 5.2 in Europe too, I might have to order the Peak 2.5

I must check the info.i order this sks beacause of the peak are great.so if not come with peak polaris have a problem.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
My contract says it's going to have peak, so one way or another it will have it.
My dealer will have to deal with it. I'm not paying extra for something that should be there already..

B

Bredviken1

Oct 17, 2013
My contract says it's going to have peak, so one way or another it will have it.
My dealer will have to deal with it. I'm not paying extra for something that should be there already..

My contract to.so its gonna be a peak on mine

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Jeez, clipped every other window is still gonna be a problem, likely worse to much worse on the 5.2, since it's going to see even higher speeds, just based on gearing alone. Needs to be clipped every window new.

Fine print on the spring orders - OEM reserves right to change specs. Just the way it is, been happening for decades. A dealer could true you up, but it will be up to the dealer and your relationship, poo will say pound sand.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Jeez, clipped every other window is still gonna be a problem, likely worse to much worse on the 5.2, since it's going to see even higher speeds, just based on gearing alone. Needs to be clipped every window new.

Fine print on the spring orders - OEM reserves right to change specs. Just the way it is, been happening for decades. A dealer could true you up, but it will be up to the dealer and your relationship, poo will say pound sand.

X2 on this, your snocheck can be altered by polaris from the model they present in the pics compared to the sled you get in the end. Experienced this myself a few years ago, though only a totally different color and decal set than i expected.

But, if your lucky and have a good dealer, theyll take care of you(Y)

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
I can guarantee you 100% it will be made of rubber. .

If it's worth anything to you, we had issues with the peak at higher speeds so I wonder if that's why they are changing it. ( it turned itself from a perfect track to a conveyor belt in about 3 miles)

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

B

Bredviken1

Oct 17, 2013
I can guarantee you 100% it will be made of rubber. .

If it's worth anything to you, we had issues with the peak at higher speeds so I wonder if that's why they are changing it. ( it turned itself from a perfect track to a conveyor belt in about 3 miles)

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

At 150 mph:juggle::face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features