• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My dream> BDX PROLITE 141"

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
I think the sweetest sled ever would be making a prolite 141". I don't know if it would be easiest to convert from a normal m8 153" or start with something like the xf 800 and go from there.. Either way my dream bdx if you can hear me is the introduction of the prolite 141"... I bet others feel this way!

P.S.... you should include pricing for your sleds without the BB. You will garner a wider demographic.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Don't go up hills. Use the long track for more floatation in bottomless snow in between the trees to go slower to ride better lines.

Just saying I knew guys like at least 5 guys a knew that loved short tracks and thought my 155 was long and now all of them ride 154-163" tracks and are riding more trees.

I am heavy I sink I need a long track.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
If you're "slow" it's better to get a long track... not everyone can think as fast as some of us apparently :p

Btw, starting with a high country, and swapping arms would be easier than using a longer sled and shortening.

Got a bunch of seasons on a 141 now... no reason to go longer for me. Is it harder? yes. Does it challenge you more to make the same lines? Yup. I don't sled hoping for "easy". I sled to challenge and push myself, the shorter track does that for me. I talk smack about long track riders on here just cause it's fun.,, but who really cares, ride what YOU enjoy, it's all good (as long as you don't put a stinking lefty on it!) Go have fun.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
If you're "slow" it's better to get a long track... not everyone can think as fast as some of us apparently :p

Btw, starting with a high country, and swapping arms would be easier than using a longer sled and shortening.

Got a bunch of seasons on a 141 now... no reason to go longer for me. Is it harder? yes. Does it challenge you more to make the same lines? Yup. I don't sled hoping for "easy". I sled to challenge and push myself, the shorter track does that for me. I talk smack about long track riders on here just cause it's fun.,, but who really cares, ride what YOU enjoy, it's all good (as long as you don't put a stinking lefty on it!) Go have fun.

So If you went with 38"ers in the front what else would you have to do other than the track to make it exactly the same as a proclimb m8? Btw I am on my third 141" and don't plan on changing anytime soon!

S
Nov 22, 2012
Onoway Alberta
So If you went with 38"ers in the front what else would you have to do other than the track to make it exactly the same as a proclimb m8? Btw I am on my third 141" and don't plan on changing anytime soon!

Just buy 153 rails, that's the only diff, the tunnel on a high country is actually identical to a m8 153, but just has more cooling

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
I think the sweetest sled ever would be making a prolite 141". I don't know if it would be easiest to convert from a normal m8 153" or start with something like the xf 800 and go from there.. Either way my dream bdx if you can hear me is the introduction of the prolite 141"... I bet others feel this way!

P.S.... you should include pricing for your sleds without the BB. You will garner a wider demographic.

--the Pro-Lite is already offered with OR without the Big Bore

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
--the Pro-Lite is already offered with OR without the Big Bore

I kinda knew that but in their PDF its not disclosed. make it KNOWN that you don't have to get it and show a price w/o the BB for the masses to see. IMO more of option than something included. Just to set the record straight bdx is the BEST aftermarket company ever!!!! There stuff works, their knowledgable, and they have amazing customer service.

Last edited:
S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
but who really cares, ride what YOU enjoy, it's all good (as long as you don't put a stinking lefty on it!) Go have fun.

That "lefty thread" really has you fired up huh BCIL?

I ride 162 b/c I only get a couple trips a yr...if Im lucky. I am not fast....or that good prob....so I take all the advantage I can get. I tried the 153 this yr and in the snow we rode, tracked up and a good base max of 18" down, never noticed a diff. in float (hard to notice in those conditions) but not in maneuverability either.....which surprised me. I think my next sled will be 162.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
That "lefty thread" really has you fired up huh BCIL?

I ride 162 b/c I only get a couple trips a yr...if Im lucky. I am not fast....or that good prob....so I take all the advantage I can get. I tried the 153 this yr and in the snow we rode, tracked up and a good base max of 18" down, never noticed a diff. in float (hard to notice in those conditions) but not in maneuverability either.....which surprised me. I think my next sled will be 162.

We all need somebody to talk smack about! :p

As to the 153, give it time, as you get more aggressive with it you'll start seeing where it shines.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
We all need somebody to talk smack about! :p

As to the 153, give it time, as you get more aggressive with it you'll start seeing where it shines.

Thats my point tho, When I am taking 1 trip a year(way it has been last couple years) I just get comfortable and start remembering when I haead home....GHEY!

But I totally get it for guys riding 40+ days a year.....you jerks.:evil:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Thats my point tho, When I am taking 1 trip a year(way it has been last couple years) I just get comfortable and start remembering when I haead home....GHEY!

But I totally get it for guys riding 40+ days a year.....you jerks.:evil:

Only 40? I'd look like some poser flatlander if I only got 40 days a year in:bounce::bounce::bounce:

You've just got to make the move man!!

Honestly though, I can't imagine that after a solid 5 days you're not seeing a difference. If not, you just need to come borrow my 141, you'll notice that one!:face-icon-small-ton

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN

It would be cheaper to just buy the m8 prolite and swap skids to a 141 and track. I am sure it would be easy to get a good trade for a 153 skid and track. If your interested I have brand new 141 skid and 2.25 pc track I would trade for a 153 skid and track and some loot. But if your going to swap out the track you might as well go with the light weight driveshaft as well. Talk to Aarron At Cannon Falls power sports, Or Ask for Jeff at black diamond. Great cust service.

Last edited:
Premium Features