• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brakes? who needs them...

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Finishing up my sled build for the last decade of my life or so it feels like and WELL it would be nice if i didn't have a huge disc brake in the way on my 2011 ish pro rmk chassis sled. Was curious as to the thoughts of mounting it like skidoo does or possible even useing two 8" disc brake rotors (from down hill mountain bike) and mounting one on each side of the driver INSIDE the tunnel. Figured someone has tried it? Also more or less exploring brake rotor placement "theory" and why you think whats best, ECT. If i try the dual rotor set up i will probably just use two oem polaris/heyes calipers.

If having the stock polaris rotor milled is one of the beset mods on the new sleds then removing the whole assembly from that shaft must be better yet? P.s. I am running a billet ice age chain case/turbo /3"pc 153

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSC03731.JPG
    DSC03731.JPG
    431.8 KB · Views: 21

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Brakes inside the tunnel are prone to freeze ups unless you're using them a lot and keeping them hot like in a sno-x environment.

Premium Features