• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Winter X-games reminder

R
Dec 31, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Will be glued to the tv for the action;) Good luck to everyone involved. Watched the freestyle elimination this morning, Im hoping for Frisby to break out of the bronze streak and get the gold, he deserves it.

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
Will be watching for sure.

I went to Aspen/Buttermilk For X Games 8. The TV does not do justice to the size of the hits. The Super Pipe for the snowboarders is HUGE, and more steep than seems possible. "8" was the first year they allowed the freestyle sledders to set up a ramp, and do back flips for exhibition.

And the wall the hill cross guys drag raced up was like 78* with a huge step up, very cool to watch them drag race up the wall, launch over the gap and nail it out from there...

A
We got a few locals throwing down there skills. Let all make some noise for them from home.
I just watched the finial on the freestyle. I am now sure ESPN is in bed with Justin Hoyer, kinda simular situation as Shaun White.
Too Bad, really sad!

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
Sucks for Levi. My buddy Terry is in the background builds his sleds. I'm sure he is bummed. He has put a ton more practice into the double backflip with pastrana and at his foam pit in MN so hopefully he'll stick it!

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
I have mixed feelings about the Moore bro's.

Damn, that's some talent, taking your bag of tricks from a quad to a sled in two weeks time, and the first ride on snow, maybe the first snow they have ever seen, it really shows they have some uh, .....Elite skills, but it could be seen as a mockery to those who live to sled.

T

tonyinak

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 8, 2008
Los Anchorage
www.myspace.com
In a nutshell, I'm just not all that impressed with ESPN's coverage or "attitude" towards snowmachining. Realistically, I understand it doesn't have the following of snowboarding and other x-games events, but damn; seriously? At times seems like its included just to fill the screen time between Shaun White face shots.

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
In a nutshell, I'm just not all that impressed with ESPN's coverage or "attitude" towards snowmachining. Realistically, I understand it doesn't have the following of snowboarding and other x-games events, but damn; seriously? At times seems like its included just to fill the screen time between Shaun White face shots.

I wonder if it may be part of that its a olympic year. Draws more attention to the olympic athletes. But I dont pay enough attention to it to know if its different this year than others. I think they are all bad a$$' either way.

C
Oct 15, 2008
i love it when they mix NASCAR w/ snocross..Talladega turn was bad azz ....and congrats to wazny on his silver medal

Premium Features