• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHR 880 vs stock bore, uphill drag race.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
I cleaned up a bunch in this thread and reopened it for the time being.

As a reminder to those that are new......or just forgetful:
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375302

Thanks for doing that. I still can't understand why the haters are allowed to come into a thread such as this for the sole purpose of derailing it, and get away with it. In the future they should be Banned as opposed to destroying threads they obviously have no real interest in.

Last edited:
M
Dec 10, 2007
BC
Here's what we mean by "perfect package"

BJ sends me clutching too, and says "This will be very close"

Look at the tach. I haven't touched the clutching, and just went with his recommended settings.

Screen Shot 2015-05-03 at 4.44.32 PM.jpg

M
Dec 10, 2007
BC
In case you can't see it... It says 8000 exactly. Wide open at the top of a chute with VERY deep, rotten, HEAVY, spring snow. The fact that I could wheelie out the top was actually a surprise to me too.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
In case you can't see it... It says 8000 exactly. Wide open at the top of a chute with VERY deep, rotten, HEAVY, spring snow. The fact that I could wheelie out the top was actually a surprise to me too.

Thank you Jay...I DOO try:face-icon-small-coo

Its tough to compare to SHR, motors, clutching, gearing, suspension, tracks, exhaust packages for low and high elevation sleds....

some other guys??? not so much BJ

J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
800R ETEC

175+hp SHR860R ETEC Pump gas head/Wossner 2 ring pistons/porting $1895
180+ hp SHR880ETEC pump gas head/Wossner 2 ring pistons/porting $2195
SPI fuel controller $695 (as needed for certain applications)
* These are the base kits, more HP/TQ available.

Curious BJ, if you had to choose an engine to work with would you stick with the 800r or 800etec? Looks like the 880r puts out more HP according to numbers...

Running one of your 860r's and has about ~4000 miles on the engine, tossed on a new top end and new crank for good measures... 6000 miles on my XP, thinking it's time to move on... Just have a hard time to going to a stock machine, this old sled makes new etecs look silly... lol

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Curious BJ, if you had to choose an engine to work with would you stick with the 800r or 800etec? Looks like the 880r puts out more HP according to numbers...

Running one of your 860r's and has about ~4000 miles on the engine, tossed on a new top end and new crank for good measures... 6000 miles on my XP, thinking it's time to move on... Just have a hard time to going to a stock machine, this old sled makes new etecs look silly... lol

Joshua, The ETEC is a lot more user friendly...not counting the XM chassis vs XP...

as for power?? these are all base line figures (I dont advertise a 1 time, cold pull, dyno queen number) more power can be made with a few additions...

Call for details and thanks for the kind words...BJ

Premium Features