• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HEADS UP TO THOSE WITH 2013/14 THAT ARE NOT RUNNING HEADLIGHTS

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
What about the Blowhole, will that cover the load to eliminate the need for the resistor?

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
What about the Blowhole, will that cover the load to eliminate the need for the resistor?

I responded to you under the Gauge lifter as well.
The SPAL fans or similar "push" fans run from 1.9amps to 2.6amps under normal operation. IF the fans stick or obstructed they will overload around 4.5amps........... so, no they won't make up for the amps of the headlights..... you can plan around 2.5amps for the fans.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe

did anyone actually test if it works? I need some positive comments before buying it.

I run bd turbo with a control box, but someone just above said it does not eliminate the need for resistor. I also run an intercooler fan off something called "fan booster board" by BD that supposedly helps compensate for the stock electrical system, any idea how that works and if that fan with booster board takes enough voltage to eliminate need for a resistor?

reading this thread it seems that running separate Voltage regulator is not a good idea as two forum members fried their VRs this way, clearly resistor is a better way, just need to know if that plug&play setup works...

Premium Features