• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

another poor mans mod...

M

Mister907

Dec 7, 2008
ANCHORAGE ALASKA
sittin around waiting on parts, so ive been tinkerin with my 08 nytro. just moved the taillight out of the way. wasnt too hard, and if you have the grinder and or dremel tool, its relatively cheap. i didnt have to buy anything, had it all hangin around in the garage. used: small piece of card board, 4 rivits, two small wire hangers, two small bolts w nuts and washers. tools: black sharpie, razor knife, drill and 5/16 bit, grinder w metal cutting wheel, dremel w metal cutting wheels (x2). after removing the light set up, i traced a pattern to the card board.
transferred the pattern to the back of the machine
drilled and cut
the dremel made it easy to get the angled parts

DSC00459.JPG DSC00458.JPG DSC00461.JPG DSC00469.JPG DSC00471.JPG

Last edited:
M

Mister907

Dec 7, 2008
ANCHORAGE ALASKA
continued...

took me a few tries to get the thing to fit good, but once it was in the hole, it was a matter of drilling a hole for the wires through the stock mount, and re mounting it. i bolted it through a couple square holes in the tunnel, so that made it easy to use "fence post" bolts (the ones with the square under the rounded head), they fit perfect. after that i just drilled and riveted a couple hangers for the wire to keep them up. i did wrap the wires with electric tape where they went through the tunnel for scrapage. think the whole process took me 1.5 actual hours of work.

DSC00472.JPG DSC00476.JPG DSC00479.JPG DSC00483.JPG DSC00480.JPG DSC00477.JPG

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
you might want to think about running the line on top of the tunnel, due to possible ice forming and ripping the cable off.

Just a thought. Good mod!

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
you might want to think about running the line on top of the tunnel, due to possible ice forming and ripping the cable off.

Just a thought. Good mod!

I used 4 wire hangers and encased my wire in 5/8" fuel line all the way back to the light and then wrapped it all in electrical tape to keep the ice issue from happening.

M

Mister907

Dec 7, 2008
ANCHORAGE ALASKA
ya, i got some conduit burried in the garage. ill be fixin that here quick. the more i thought about it, the more i wanted to fix it. now i just gotta do it before i break the wires.

Premium Features