• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Side Products-- offset spindles

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Another option for offset spindles for the Axys.

Just bought a set of the Mountain Side Products offset spindles after speaking on the phone with Charlie King. https://mtnsideproducts.com/

We bought two of the 1" offset spindles to try out. Our third Axys we'll leave stock as a basis of comparison.

They were packed well, labeled right and left and included instructions for proper Toe-out.

Attachments

• IMG_1388.jpg
    IMG_1388.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1395.jpg
    IMG_1395.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1394.jpg
    IMG_1394.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1393.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1392.jpg
    IMG_1392.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1391.jpg
    IMG_1391.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1390.jpg
    IMG_1390.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1389.jpg
    IMG_1389.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Murph

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I was really impressed with the quality of machining when I held these in my hand.

The warranty is even better. If you break a spindle in the first year-- Mountain Side Products will replace it!

Previous to installation, the ski widths measured 45" with the spacers on the narrowest setting (Skinz lower A-Arms) after installing the 1" offset, the ski widths measured 43".

Included a picture of a straight edge up the side so you can see that the ski is still outboard of the offset spindle.

I've been wanting to try an offset spindle to reduce the width of the sled without going with narrower A-arms and having to change shocks.

We have no snow in Tahoe/ Truckee right now but I am sitting in the passenger seat and typing this as Val is driving. We are heading to McCall.

I'll post a ride report after we take them out.

Attachments

• IMG_1387.jpg
    IMG_1387.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1396.jpg
    IMG_1396.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1397.jpg
    IMG_1397.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1399 (1).jpg
    IMG_1399 (1).jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1400.jpg
    IMG_1400.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Murph... Like we talked about... I'm really interested in what you think of OFFSET spindles in general ... above and beyond the quality of the units themselves.... a back to back comparison with another sled with stock spindles but same track and power. (changes in handling, and steering effort in diff conditions)

Looks good so far .... Hope you and Val get some good pow and fun times.

Thank you for keeping us in the loop with pics and updates.

Murph

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
McCall snow conditions-- up high--couple feet of snow on top with set up snow underneath. Still had to be aware of landmines.

First ride impression:

On the trail ride out, no ill handling effects noticed even being 2" narrower. (Re-setting toe-out is crucial)

Watching Val put the sled on edge. It LOOKS like she is doing it with a LOT less effort. Watching someone who is 5'2" and 115 pounds pulling a 163 3" Axys on its side gives you an appreciation for the effort required. As stated, it LOOKED a lot easier-- granted the couple feet of fresh on top lent itself to pulling the sled over BUT it still looked easier.

I also rode with the offset spindles on mine-- It FELT pretty easy to pull over and keep on edge. Again the snow depth helped make it feel easy, but I'm pretty stoked on them after this first impression.

Will take the sleds out tomorrow for more "research". :face-icon-small-win

C
Oct 17, 2019
So far. So good.

Soft snow on top of land mine navigation in McCall.

No setup/ hard snow tests yet— no complaints about that.

One spindle did take a good shot from Val— scuffed but no visible damage.

Was there ever any final review of this product? Thinking about buying a set for my 2015 SBA.

Thanks!!

Murph

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Was there ever any final review of this product? Thinking about buying a set for my 2015 SBA.

Thanks!!

Final review. MtnSide Products offset spindles are awesome.

Easier To put sled on edge.

Stronger/ lighter than stock and Charlie’s (owner MtnSide) warranty is the best (only?) in the business.

Premium Features