• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best boots

B

barefooter

Nov 27, 2007
Sherwood Park, AB
After reading reviews, my Alpinestars have pretty good reviews for wet riding. Ordered the Klim Goretex liners. Anyone know of a really good waterproofing treatment? I used Rustoleum Neverwet on a pair of boots last year. Did not work too bad - but left a white haze on a really good pair of dress boots.

Is there sme really good stuff out there? Even if you pay $50 per can - usually gives you 2 or 3 treatments. Way better than buying a $600 pair of goretex boots you are going to have to treat every year anyway........

And the new Klim snowbike pants have kinda eaten up the snow apparel budget for this year....

Greg

U
Sep 12, 2010
When I swapped to a KX500, I blew holes in the toe and side of my kicking boot before I recognized that I was hitting the peg and tunnel bolt. Starting with cheap boots might be a good move even if you plan to ride nice waterproof ones.

U
Sep 12, 2010
How are they for walking in the snow?

I don't need insulation from a boot, thanks to a temperate climate and good circulation.

H

Hbmtr

Feb 11, 2010
carnelian bay ca.
I don't have a link but ck out boots for trials riding,i have a pair from Alpinstars.Its a happy compromise between protection and a vibram like sole.For any new riders out their do not skimp on shin and knee protection plus a moto like boot.
you can get knee and shin guard combos from rocky mtn. atv etc.

you don't want this!

IMG_2819.jpg

Wundah

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2013
Central Washington
I know insulation is important but sometimes I feel like it's the reason my boots get so wet. Sweat is my issue so I wear good socks and bring my moto boots. I keep them oiled with obenauf's (boot wax) and keep a spare set of socks in a ziploc in my pack if it gets real cold and I'm not riding. If I keep riding I'm fighting the ventilation more than staying warm. I've got a couple buddies that ride in their winter hunting Bogs and they love em. Dealers choice but simpler is always better I say.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
My boot problems went away when i got a set of klim adrenalins.

only ones that i didnt shred and stayed dry.

not a big fan of klim but these boots work.

J
Dec 1, 2007
wyoming
i have been riding with a pair of cabelas pac boots. I had the soles come apart last year and they were happy to replace. Comfortable warm and good support. I do worry about protection. Due to my height and cramped riding position i end up with my toes pointed down if sit and put center of boot on peg. This is not a good scenario. I even have a ktm that is better for long legged people. I do correct when i notice just happens to be whats comfortable. I am going to look into a pair of forma boots. This is a great thread for sure.

C
Feb 25, 2012
Alberta
Has anyone tried the Forma Adventure boots? If so how about a review?

They seem like a good option. Protection of a MX boot and waterproof. Not sure about the insulation though.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/712/50506/Forma-Adventure-Boots

Kell

I wear a set of Forma Adventure boots in the summer when riding my adventure bike, haven't worn in winter, I wouldn't want to. They are comfortable and waterproof but the sole isn't near stiff enough, no where near as stiff as a motocross boot. The bottom of my feet get tired and stiff pretty quick when standing on the pegs.

K

kell8071

Feb 4, 2013
Vashon, WA
I wear a set of Forma Adventure boots in the summer when riding my adventure bike, haven't worn in winter, I wouldn't want to. They are comfortable and waterproof but the sole isn't near stiff enough, no where near as stiff as a motocross boot. The bottom of my feet get tired and stiff pretty quick when standing on the pegs.

Yeah, currently I am wearing some soft soled snow boots. They worked okay last year with electric start but kicking over a CR500 this year makes me want something more like a MX boot, but waterproof!

Do the hunting/work/snowmobile boots people are using really have a stiffer sole then an adventure bike boot?

Thanks,
Kell

C
Feb 25, 2012
Alberta
I've been wearing a set of Klim boots on my snowbike for 3 years, I think they are Klim Radium GTX, they have been great. Between them and the Forma Adventures there is no comparison with how much more stiff the sled boots are. The Forma's aren't much better then a shoe, couldn't imagine having to kickstart with them all day. Can't speak about other adventure boots.

When the Klims are worn I'll be getting a pair of Motorfist Stompers.

Last edited:
H

Hbmtr

Feb 11, 2010
carnelian bay ca.
I wish my tibia looked as good as yours does!,that fibula will heal pretty quik.Has anybody tried using a trials boot.I have used some Alpinstars trials boots that i waterproofed only downside is that they are not insulated.

IMG_2826.jpg

Last edited:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I've posted these before and if anyone has a size 12 I'll take them .

No one makes a warm motocross boot , why would they ? Snowboard boots are close but with the thin vibram soles that some have isn't enough for foot pegs . Klim's radium boot's above the ankle are to thick to keep the feet close to the frame and on the pegs .

As proven with the photos , your making a big mistake wearing boots that don't have the proper ankle support .

This is a good example of a product made ahead of it's time .

IMG_20150119_100210_468 (576x1024).jpg

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
I have not had any issues with a snowboard boot for snowbiking or snowmobiling.... You can find last years models super cheap, they are warm and I can shift just fine.... I look for the ones with a shoe like sole.

Mine don't work. Just got my MH this year and thought the snowboard boots would be the ticket until I got on the bike. Couldn't get my toe under the shifter without contortions.
Good thing I had some Danners with. Used those for 3 days, worked great. But I usually ride with work boots or hunting boots anyway. JMO

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Yeah, currently I am wearing some soft soled snow boots. They worked okay last year with electric start but kicking over a CR500 this year makes me want something more like a MX boot, but waterproof!

Do the hunting/work/snowmobile boots people are using really have a stiffer sole then an adventure bike boot?

Thanks,
Kell

Can't compare cause I've never worn an adventure bike boot?
But a good pair of work or hunting boots with hard vibram lug soles, not the round nub vibrams whatever they are called, are plenty stiff enough for standing on pegs and kick ing the Shiite out of your bike when it won't fire!

Premium Features