• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weight of a T3...

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
This is the only one I took last night.
c5f879833b4a45276f3eed1d23fa08ea.jpg

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
The reason I ask, is that Farmer on here weighed the save sled at 546.6.... all stock.

How much do you want for the Floats?

Ace

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The reason I ask, is that Farmer on here weighed the save sled at 546.6.... all stock.

Ace

Farmer's was a 163...

Last edited:

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD

Ace

His was a 163. The 163 I weighed was 541.6 my 174 was 548.6 both were weighed the exact same way, completely full of fuel oil and with spare belt and tool kit.

The shocks I had to pay $400 and gave my stock shocks in trade. I need that same deal or sell them outright for $650

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
They really did a great job on the weight loss. When does a company ever come in better than their marketing claims...? Plus that is without the lighter can. Overall, I am very excited to ride this. On mine with just a few mods (hood, can, lithium battery) it looks to be 20 + lbs lighter than 154 XM but with a 174 3 inch!

tjs529

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Minnesota
They really did a great job on the weight loss. When does a company ever come in better than their marketing claims...? Plus that is without the lighter can. Overall, I am very excited to ride this. On mine with just a few mods (hood, can, lithium battery) it looks to be 20 + lbs lighter than 154 XM but with a 174 3 inch!

What battery do you run?

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Remember guys when doing your wet weights. The polaris has almost 12 gallons of fuel and will go much further than a etec on a tank of fuel. Fair would be to have the etec with a jerry on the back.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
There's .9 gallons of fuel..... so add 5lbs.

... and any time I've ridden with a Poo, they have added fuel and I didn't have too... this had been at Eagle's Pass and Mcall....

Ace

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Remember guys when doing your wet weights. The polaris has almost 12 gallons of fuel and will go much further than a etec on a tank of fuel. Fair would be to have the etec with a jerry on the back.

10.6 Doo

11.5 Poo

Fuel is from 6 to 6.4 lbs per gallon....

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
There's .9 gallons of fuel..... so add 5lbs.

... and any time I've ridden with a Poo, they have added fuel and I didn't have too... this had been at Eagle's Pass and Mcall....

Ace

I have seen the opposite 3 different times. I think doo still has pick up woes. Could only gat 8 gallons in them after trying to get air out of them. Did you guys that weighed them get 10.6 in them? Most of the revs I had would run out of gas going down hill. Turn them uphill and you could get them to run again. Never get 10.6 after they ran out. Always 2-3 short. Gave a buddy 2-3 servings before we left it on the mountain. Only got 8 in it the next day. 13 xm. Pro would have ran out if they kept giving him fuel. Same with my 14 872. Filled it the next day and pump clicked off at 6 ish and had to work at it to get 8 in it.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Sorry but there is no way the Polaris is anywhere near as fuel efficient as the xm, not even close.

Sorry, ride with bunch of both all year, leave camp together and fill up on the trail and back at camp every ride. Compared for last 2 years especially. Seems if the snow is set up and packed a bit, the Doo seems to get a bit better mileage, a bit. But if you're on the throttle all day and running high R's all day, I would give the edge to the Pro. The etec , great motor, but it seems to use substantially more at full throttle than the Pro driven the same way all day. Both fun, and both amazing , considering the demands we make on them on a deep powder day.

S

snowyo

Dec 11, 2007
BC
Nope ive seen better fuel and oil out of the etec vs the pro.In every dif setup.from fluff to setup to snorkel deep.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I still want to know, from people who weighed them, if they actually got 10.6 gallons of gas in them. I don't care what they weighed because the pro will always be lighter.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Sorry, ride with bunch of both all year, leave camp together and fill up on the trail and back at camp every ride. Compared for last 2 years especially. Seems if the snow is set up and packed a bit, the Doo seems to get a bit better mileage, a bit. But if you're on the throttle all day and running high R's all day, I would give the edge to the Pro. The etec , great motor, but it seems to use substantially more at full throttle than the Pro driven the same way all day. Both fun, and both amazing , considering the demands we make on them on a deep powder day.

Most of the guys on pros are spending most of the day trying to take cool instagram pictures so they can be the next Burandt. Fuel efficiency is absolutely stunning at idle for 6 hours…. In all reality, i've seen fairly close fuel usage out of all 3. Most of it depends on the rider.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
Poo guys are scared of the T3 and desperately reaching.;)next will be their poo engines run smoother than etecs when there shut off.LOL.

Premium Features