• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HELP INSTALLING BOONDOCKER TURBO

Hey everyone so I just got my boondocker turbo kit for my 2011 hcr 800. No dealer around my area will even attempt to install this kit for me so I have to install it myself. If anyone in Wisconsin would be willing and able to help me install this kit I would appreciate it. I can pay to have help install it and give some guidelines. I'm pretty mechanical as I'm a GM technician but this is something I would rather have someone with knowledge help me with installing because I don't want to mess it up. I live in Sheboygan falls wi and would be installing within a month or two.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
They might still have instruction still if you call them. Common sense it the most crutial thing, fit it and then check for issues, rubbing hoses, rubbing wires, heat tape on everything close to the turbo or pipe, and double check all this after a few rides. There is a wealth of knowledge on here about your sled, do some searches about reeds, clutching. Also make sure your electrical circuits are not overloaded with draws, the stator is weak on the cats.

I have read the instruction manual for this setup a dozen times I would just like someone with prior knowledge of these setup to be their to guide me along and maybe there are some tricks or tips that would be good to know. I also found the MDS clutch setup and might run this but I haven't read anything about the reeds being a problem.

mk2g60

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, NH
www.shock-tech.com
Google will tell you everything you need to know but the install is pretty straight forward. Reeds are an issue with all turbo sleds there are many posts on here about them.

S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
I installed a BD kit on my '13 ProClimb last season.
It's all pretty straight forward. If you run into an issue, you can likely find an answer if you search it on google.
If that doesn't help, call BD.
I had some initial confusion because the instructions I recieved were for a different generation of control box. The wire harness didn't match the instructions. Ultimately, there was only one way to make it work, so it was actually fool-proof.
I also called them to find +/- wires on the oil pump to test fire it and the techs were helpful as ****.
Take your time doing it, and crack a beer or two. I enjoyed it.
I really enjoyed test riding it. :)

Thanks guys for the help so far, I feel more confident in doing this myself knowing others can do it just as well. I might invite some buddies over ans shoot the $hit while installing this as well. Im very excited to install this and feel that boost power too. I found that the MDS clutch weight kit for the turbo looks like the kit I would go with as well. I see that everyone loves these weights and its super easy to adjust. Thanks again everyone for replying I appreciate this.

Premium Features